X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twistsol
    • Mar 2015
    • 6.X

Can't login as admin on test site after 5.3.0 upgrade

The following was posted in the 5.3.0 discussion under vBulletin Announcements by another member
    "I just upgraded my test site to vB5.3.0 connect. Post upgrade when I go to mytestsite.com/admincp I see the normal page where I am expected to login. Having input my username and password I am shown the 'site off' message. So it's not possible to login to the admin control panel. Any clues as to what to do next?"

I'm also haveing the same issue. If I turn the test site on, I can log in without an issue, but as soon as it is turned off, I get the closed message. The message is the same as it would appear when you log in as a regular member to a closed site, but it has the Admin look and feel as in no style / logo etc.

I verified the URL with tools.php and when the test site is on, it appears to work normally. It is on a separate server at a different domain so the cookie prefix shouldn't be an issue.

• Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Turn your site on... Upload tools.php to core/admincp and use it to turn it on. If it is test site, it should be secure behind htaccess or on a server that isn't accessible to the public.

Most likely cause is that you have either the cookie path or cookie domain setup. Since the URL is different the cookies are being written to an inaccessible location.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• twistsol
      • Mar 2015
      • 6.X

Resetting the cookie prefix and path to defaults worked even though nothing really changed those were the values they already had.

Thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...