• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blue7
    • Sep 2008
    • 4.2.x

Some Problems After Upgrading from vB4x to vB5x

Hello there,

Finally i've decided to upgrade to vB5x but i am encountering with some problems hope someone could assist me regarding to resolution of those problems.

1. Charset / Locale problem in dates only. I am running Centos 7.3 x64, PHP 7.1, vBulletin 5.3.0, Litespeed Webserver, MariaDB 10.1, CPanel

My forum language is Turkish UTF8. I've set OS locale to tr_TR.UTF-8, uncommented UTF8 section from config.php file, added UTF8 support to my.cnf file, db collation is utf8_general_ci, also i've enabled default charset as utf8 from php.ini file and set intl.default_locale = tr_TR.UTF-8 in php.ini file.

When i run this command from phpmyadmin "SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'char%' this is the result i am getting: Click image for larger version  Name:	98288b8770ee444a896fde26970de535.png Views:	1 Size:	15.0 KB ID:	4367780

When i run "locale" command from ssh this is the result: Click image for larger version  Name:	87304fe3a0d94d92a43d6c3460f30221.png Views:	1 Size:	14.1 KB ID:	4367781

Language settings in AdminCP / Language Manager: http://prntscr.com/esqi0f

Well my only problem is Turkish characters appears wrong in dates (month names) example: Click image for larger version  Name:	c2ab8eb0ec0141ffb2cd82d57cea1a60.png Views:	1 Size:	5.1 KB ID:	4367782

Except this all Turkish characters from the rest of the forum is correct and there is no any problem. I had this issue on vB4 too and i fixed it by adding this line to functions.php file:

$currentlocale = setlocale(LC_TIME,'tr_TR.UTF-8');

I've tried do same to vb5 too but unfortunately this trick didnt worked for vb5. What is problem? What am i doing wrong?

P.S. : I've installed a fresh vb5 from scratch but same problem occuring there too.

2. Quick Setup / Edit Site bar on the top of forum is not working in Chrome. When i click it asking me my password no matter how many times i am entering my password it keep prompting and asking me my password over and over again. This problem only occuring in Chrome, there is no problem with firefox and internet explorer. How can i solve this problem?

3. How can i change extra "forum" word in urls? or completeley remove it? Because my forum is already installed in a folder called "forum" and plus another forum word makes it like "forum/forum" and looks weird. Also how i can replace Turkish characters in urls with non Turkish ones? I was able do it from class_friendly_url.php file in vb4 but this is not working in vb5.

Thanks in advance.
    Best regards.
  • blue7
    • Sep 2008
    • 4.2.x

2. Problem solved by changing cookie_prefix from config.php files.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

1) What is the character set used for your vBulletin Language? In the AdminCP, go to Languages -> Language Manager. Edit your language and it will be shown. Should be UTF-8

3) You have to go to each Forum channel on the user side. Then edit the page using Site Builder. When you save the page, remove forum/ from the URL manually. Repeat for each forum.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• blue7
        • Sep 2008
        • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
        1) What is the character set used for your vBulletin Language? In the AdminCP, go to Languages -> Language Manager. Edit your language and it will be shown. Should be UTF-8

3) You have to go to each Forum channel on the user side. Then edit the page using Site Builder. When you save the page, remove forum/ from the URL manually. Repeat for each forum.
        1. It's utf8 http://prntscr.com/esqi0f

3. Thank you ill try to remove forum word but what is the solution of the rest of my question? I want to replace Turkish characters in url's with non Turkish characters for example

ü > u
        ı > i
        ğ > g
        ö > o
        ş > s

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          • Aug 2000

3) You can change the URL to whatever you want. If you want to remove the Turkish characters and replace them with something else, do so.

1) Your entire system needs to be using UTF-8. You need make sure your database is running UTF-8. Also, you must make sure that the locale you specified in your language is available PHP.

Wayne Luke
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• blue7
            • Sep 2008
            • 4.2.x

3) You can change the URL to whatever you want. If you want to remove the Turkish characters and replace them with something else, do so.

1) Your entire system needs to be using UTF-8. You need make sure your database is running UTF-8. Also, you must make sure that the locale you specified in your language is available PHP.
            3. Cant find how to change url am i looking to wrong place ?

And even if i change urls for categories how i can change urls for new created threads?

1. My database is running UTF8 i am sure otherwise i would have chartacter problems at whole forum. I only have character problem in dates. And same goes for PHP too.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              • Aug 2000

Never said to go into the AdminCP to change the URL of these pages.
              1. Go to the front page of your forum like you are a regular user.
              2. Click "Edit Site" so the Site Builder menu opens.
              3. Open your forum that you want to edit.
              4. Click on "Edit Page".
              5. Click on "Save Page".
              6. You can edit the URL of the page there.

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• blue7
                • Sep 2008
                • 4.2.x

Never said to go into the AdminCP to change the URL of these pages.
                1. Go to the front page of your forum like you are a regular user.
                2. Click "Edit Site" so the Site Builder menu opens.
                3. Open your forum that you want to edit.
                4. Click on "Edit Page".
                5. Click on "Save Page".
                6. You can edit the URL of the page there.
                Sorry, i am new with vb5. Ok that is solved thank you very much.

What about replace all Turkish characters with non Turkish characters in new cretaed thread url's? And of course date character problem.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  • Aug 2000

You can't update the URLS of topics this way. There are other solutions in development.

The issue with dates is a UTF-8 and PHP Locale issue. You need to make sure everything is communicating in UTF-8 and the PHP has the locale that you're using installed. Should also have mbstring and iconv installed within PHP. Though, I doubt vBulletin 5 will actually work if these aren't installed.

Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• blue7
                    • Sep 2008
                    • 4.2.x

You can't update the URLS of topics this way. There are other solutions in development.

The issue with dates is a UTF-8 and PHP Locale issue. You need to make sure everything is communicating in UTF-8 and the PHP has the locale that you're using installed. Should also have mbstring and iconv installed within PHP. Though, I doubt vBulletin 5 will actually work if these aren't installed.
                    What is other solutions for update URLS ?

Where i or how i can confirm that locale i am using installed for PHP? from php.ini ?

mbstring and iconv are installed with php.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                      • Aug 2000

You will need to talk to your hosting provider about locales. http://www.binarytides.com/php-get-l...led-on-system/

To change the URL of a topic, edit the title of the topic.

Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• blue7
                        • Sep 2008
                        • 4.2.x

You will need to talk to your hosting provider about locales. http://www.binarytides.com/php-get-l...led-on-system/

To change the URL of a topic, edit the title of the topic.
                        I've solved locale problem by adding tr_TR.utf8 to AdminCP / Language Manager / Locale.

With this change character problem in dates are solved but afterwards i cant open AdminCP in Turkish language. When i try to open AdminCP i am getting this error:

"That action could not be completed. Please try again, and if this occurs again please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message."

When i change language to English i am able to access to AdminCP but with Turkish language i cant.

Here is my language settings in AdminCP: http://prntscr.com/eta50u

What is wrong?

Btw changing title of the topic is not the solution. I want to use Turkish characters in titles but i dont want them in urls. I was able to do it in vb4x by adding these codes to class_friendly_url.php. How i can make it for vb5?

PHP Code:
                         $deepblue = array(

'ğ'=>'g',

'İ'=>'i',

'ı'=>'i',

'Ö'=>'o',

'ö'=>'o',

'Ş'=>'s',

'ş'=>'s',

'ü'=>'u',
                        );

$fragment strtr($fragment$deepblue);

$fragment to_ascii($fragment); 

Comment

• blue7
                          • Sep 2008
                          • 4.2.x

Solved admincp access problem by re-uploading all files again.

Only Turkish characters in urls left

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                            • Aug 2000

Originally posted by blue7
                            Btw changing title of the topic is not the solution. I want to use Turkish characters in titles but i dont want them in urls. I was able to do it in vb4x by adding these codes to class_friendly_url.php. How i can make it for vb5?

PHP Code:
                            $deepblue = array(
                            'ğ'=>'g',
                            'İ'=>'i',
                            'ı'=>'i',
                            'Ö'=>'o',
                            'ö'=>'o',
                            'Ş'=>'s',
                            'ş'=>'s',
                            'ü'=>'u',
                            );
                            $fragment strtr($fragment$deepblue);
                            $fragment to_ascii($fragment); 
                            There is no equivalent in vBulletin 5 at this time. It will use what is in the title. If you want this to change then you should create an Improvement Request JIRA.

Wayne Luke
                            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• blue7
                              • Sep 2008
                              • 4.2.x

There is no equivalent in vBulletin 5 at this time. It will use what is in the title. If you want this to change then you should create an Improvement Request JIRA.

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/secure/...91&issuetype=4
                              Ok Wayne thank you, i've submitted my request to JIRA.

Comment