Literally all of the sudden my vb5 site is crashing with error 500's and can't load

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • meissen
    • Dec 2005
    • 3.5.x

Literally all of the sudden my vb5 site is crashing with error 500's and can't load

Edit: So apparently it was a server wide issue and instead of giving me a database connection error like you'd get in vb4, it vb5 just gives you an error 500.
    Last edited by meissen; Tue 4 Apr '17, 7:30am.
  • meissen
    • Dec 2005
    • 3.5.x

edited
    Last edited by meissen; Tue 4 Apr '17, 7:31am.

Comment

• meissen
      • Dec 2005
      • 3.5.x

edited
      Last edited by meissen; Tue 4 Apr '17, 7:31am.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • Mar 2011
        • 5.7.X

Originally posted by meissen
        Edit: So apparently it was a server wide issue and instead of giving me a database connection error like you'd get in vb4, it vb5 just gives you an error 500.
        Typically you'd get a 500 error if it's a server issue. It may be a database issue or a different one but it's still considered a 500. The error logs should tell you more details of the issue. If it was a db issue you would have gotten an email notification if you've set your email address in the technical email address option in the core config file.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• meissen
          • Dec 2005
          • 3.5.x

Something is definitely different with how vB5 handles database issues compared to vB4. Something with the server's TCPIP crashed so it couldn't communicate with the loopback. My vB4 website worked correctly by showing the database error message (can't communicate with database) as expected, but vB5 just showed HTTP error 500.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

Is there an error_log file in your vBulletin directory? What are its contents?
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment