• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zweeper
    • Jan 2005
    • 6.0.X

Pictures in Content Slider not fitting correctly

Hey,

the pictures within the content slider for the desktop views don't fit. They are way to big and vbulletin isn't resizing them.
    You can see an example here: http://www.bolidenforum.de/artikel

is there any workaround to get the pictures in the content slider into a suitable size?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

The images used in the content slider are used as a background and are designed to fill the field. I don't see anything different on your site. What is a suitable size?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• zweeper
      • Jan 2005
      • 6.0.X

you almost cant recognize whats on the picture. It looks very unprofessional - in my humble opinion.
      Isn't there any way to change that and fit the pictures, so that they can be seen in a normal way?

It works fine when I visit the page with my mobile.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

It will use the first attached image in the content. The image will be resized and centered to fit the space. That is by design. You can change the CSS for the background of the Slider but it won't deal with images of different sizes well.

If this image is larger, then there is less scaling that will be done. You can resize it down in your content by double-clicking the image in the editor.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• glennrocksvb
          Former vBulletin Developer
          • Mar 2011
          • 5.7.X

By default background-size:cover CSS is used to scale the background image to be as large as possible so that the background area is completely covered by the background image. Some parts of the image may not be visible as you've noticed.

You can try adding background-size:contain in css_additional to override the default and see if it works better for you. What contain does is it scales the image to the largest size such that both its width and its height can fit inside the content area.

I'm​ on my phone right now so I can't tell you the CSS selector to use to add background-size:contain. Right-click on the image and choose Inspect to see the css selector to use.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment