X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • karlm
    • Jun 2006
    • 5.3.x

[Site Builder] URL change doesn't reflect change

I made a spelling error /typo when creating a channel and amended it once I'd spotted it. However, now when visiting the forum channel, the URL still reflects the misspelled name instead of the amended name. I could just delete it and create a new one, I know, but surely there's a way of amending URL for a forum from within the Channel Manager or Site Builder? If not, I guess I'll have to create a new channel, move all content to the new one & delete the misspelled one but that seem a rather long-winded approach.

VB 5.4.1 - PHP 7..2.4 - MySQL 5.5.56
    No Addons - none at all.
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Originally posted by karlm
    I made a spelling error /typo when creating a channel and amended it once I'd spotted it. However, now when visiting the forum channel, the URL still reflects the misspelled name instead of the amended name. I could just delete it and create a new one, I know, but surely there's a way of amending URL for a forum from within the Channel Manager or Site Builder? If not, I guess I'll have to create a new channel, move all content to the new one & delete the misspelled one but that seem a rather long-winded approach.
    Go to that channel, edit the page in site builder. Save without changing anything.
    It will then present a confirmation screen where you can change the URL (among other stuff).

MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• karlm
      • Jun 2006
      • 5.3.x

Thank you, kindly.
      VB 5.4.1 - PHP 7..2.4 - MySQL 5.5.56
      No Addons - none at all.