Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brad Padgett
    • Jul 2014
    • 5.1.x

Need .htaccess rewrites for xenforo > vbulletin switch. It would be appreciated

Hey I have these for the opposite. This is the .htaccess rewrites for switching from vBulletin to Xenforo

Code:
    RewriteEngine On  

RewriteRule ^forum/.+/([0-9]+)-([^/]+$|[^/]+/page[0-9]+$) /threads/$1/? [R=301,L]
    However I am not experienced in .htaccess and don't know how to reverse it for xenforo to vBulletin. I recently migrated a small number of posts from xenforo to vBulletin and need your help reversing this .htaccess code to work for xenforo to vBulletin. Please help me reverse it. It would be very much appreciated.

Regards,
    Brad
    "Do not go where the path may lead, instead go where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Brad Padgett
    • Jul 2014
    • 5.1.x

Can someone respond to this with an answer, PLEASE?

I've been searching for 3 days. I even went to .htaccess generators that only gave me the single URL redirect and not the actual rules. I even just contacted my webhost who told me to contact vBulletin support instead. It's starting to really make me frustrated. I gave the .htaccess code. I just need it reversed and I don't know how. It's getting to the point where I'm starting to get mad.

I even made a post on stackoverflow and haven't been responded to in over 8 hours.

Someone just reverse the .htaccess code for me.

Thanks.
    "Do not go where the path may lead, instead go where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Mark.B
      vBulletin Support
      • Feb 2004
      • 6.0.X

This isn't something that support are able to provide officially. No official rewrites exist.

It's not a matter of "reversing" the original rewrites, they would need to be written from scratch and I don't believe anybody ever has.

You also have the issue that vB5 uses rewrites itself so it's not as straightforward as it might sound,
      MARK.B
      vBulletin Support
      ------------
      My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
      My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Brad Padgett
        • Jul 2014
        • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Mark.B
        This isn't something that support are able to provide officially. No official rewrites exist.

It's not a matter of "reversing" the original rewrites, they would need to be written from scratch and I don't believe anybody ever has.

You also have the issue that vB5 uses rewrites itself so it's not as straightforward as it might sound,
        Well no worries. I'll move on with this. It was only a handful of posts that needed to be redirected. I don't think google will penalize me too bad.

I let the frustration go anyways. I'll probably get an answer on stackoverflow eventually. Might as well kick back and let google redo them. Only a small amount so I don't think it would make much of a difference. My site is actually getting a ton of traffic for a new one. Around 150 visits a day on average. I opened it 8 days ago so I'm super pumped to see how this progresses.

Anyways I value your help Mark.B and no ones mad at you. I appreciate the assistance.

- Brad

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

You can try altering the redirects from vBulletin 4 to suite your needs. These ones in particular:
          Code:
          RewriteRule ^threads/.* showthread.php [QSA]
          RewriteRule ^forums/.* forumdisplay.php [QSA]
          RewriteRule ^members/.* member.php [QSA]
          RewriteRule ^blogs/.* blog.php [QSA]
          RewriteRule ^entries/.* entry.php [QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
          RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
          RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d

RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
          You would want to place your modified rules before:
          Code:
              # Main Redirect
              RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !\.(gif|jpg|jpeg|png|css)$
              RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
              RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
              RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?routestring=$1 [L,QSA]
          The tricky part is the IDs are probably different. But if you upgraded vBulletin 4 to vBulletin 5, we provide support for the standard URLs in the software.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment