Not letting me login via the actual admincp itself. Think it's caching?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brad Padgett
    • Jul 2014
    • 5.1.x

Not letting me login via the actual admincp itself. Think it's caching?

Hey how's it going.

I am now hosting a site that is getting incredible traffic for just starting out. I moved it to vBulletin 5 to get the maximum potential.

I have an issue when I log into my admincp via the direct admincp link. I type in the correct password and it doesn't give me a login strike, however it just refreshes the page and doesn't log into the admincp.

I can get into the admincp just fine when I click the admincp link after logging in. It's only when I use the direct admincp link.

I just migrated a small start of a board from Xenforo using the vb.org xenforo impex module. All went fine and I don't think the issue is because of this.

Do you think it's caching my old directory? I had a vbulletin directory i installed it in and then moved it to the homepage and files to the root.

Possibly it still thinks the admincp is in my old directory? Any way you think I can possibly fix this. I'm really not sure what's causing it. It gets annoying when it asks me to re-login the admincp and I can't.

Of course this probably isn't an actual bug on your end however there must be a way to fix it. Any ideas?
    "Do not go where the path may lead, instead go where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

A simple refresh on the AdminCP login usually means the user doesn't have permission for some reason. The system isn't able to create the cpsession record.
    1. Make sure your database user has permission to access and update records in the cpsession table.
    2. Verify the cookie prefix is the same in both config.php files.
    3. Verify that the URLS that you're using are correct in the AdminCP.
    4. If you have a cookie path or cookie domain set, reset them to the defaults.
    5. Verify the permissions of the Administrator that you're using. Both the Administrator Usergroup (open and save), and the Administrator Permissions screen under Usergroups.
    6. Try listing the Administrator as a Super Administrator in the /core/includes/config.php file.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Brad Padgett
      • Jul 2014
      • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      A simple refresh on the AdminCP login usually means the user doesn't have permission for some reason. The system isn't able to create the cpsession record.
      1. Make sure your database user has permission to access and update records in the cpsession table.
      2. Verify the cookie prefix is the same in both config.php files.
      3. Verify that the URLS that you're using are correct in the AdminCP.
      4. If you have a cookie path or cookie domain set, reset them to the defaults.
      5. Verify the permissions of the Administrator that you're using. Both the Administrator Usergroup (open and save), and the Administrator Permissions screen under Usergroups.
      6. Try listing the Administrator as a Super Administrator in the /core/includes/config.php file.

Yeah it was the cookie prefix in the config file of the root document. I appreciate it. Issue is now resolved. Many thanks.

Regards,

Brad
      "Do not go where the path may lead, instead go where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment