X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • William Thomas Jr
    • Nov 2014
    • 5.1.x

Logging In Redirects To Hompage.

Question, am I missing a setting somewhere? If I am viewing a thread while logged out and then log in I am redirected to the homepage after login. No matter where on the site after logging in I am redirected to the homepage. I want to stay on the same page I am viewing when logged out after logging in.

Enjoy,
    William
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

Doesn't happen here and on my site. Is your login_form or login_redirect template modified?

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• William Thomas Jr
      William Thomas Jr commented
      Editing a comment
      I auto checked remember me in the login_form. The login_redirect is unmodified. I reverted the login_form and it made no difference.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

This is controlled by a value in the form called urlpath. For this page it would look like this:
    Code:
    urlpath=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cudmJ1bGxldGluLmNvbS9mb3J1bS9mb3J1bS92YnVsbGV0aW4tNS1jb25uZWN0L3ZidWxsZXRpbi01LWNvbm5lY3QtcXVlc3Rpb25zLXByb2JsZW1zLXRyb3VibGVzaG9vdGluZy92YnVsbGV0aW4tNS1zdXBwb3J0LWlzc3Vlcy1xdWVzdGlvbnMvNDM2NjI5Ni1sb2dnaW5nLWluLXJlZGlyZWN0cy10by1ob21wYWdl
    If this value isn't passed or is stripped by server security, then the system will redirect you to the forum home page.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• William Thomas Jr
      Editing a comment
      I feel like a mosquito in a nudest colony. I don't even know where to begin, Wayne.

• Wayne Luke
      Wayne Luke commented
      Editing a comment
      Ask your hosting provider if they strip urlpath variables from query strings.
  • glennrocksvb
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

I looked at your login form and the hidden url field has a value of aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuY2hyaXN0Zm9ydW1zLm9yZy8=. When that is decoded using base 64, the value is your homepage URL and not the current page's URL. So it's not being stripped off by your server.

In the login_form template, the hidden field value is set to {vb:raw url} which is coming from the HTTP_REFERER by default. So it looks like the HTTP_REFERER is beling blocked at the server level. Ask your host about it.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• William Thomas Jr
      • Nov 2014
      • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara
      I looked at your login form and the hidden url field has a value of aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuY2hyaXN0Zm9ydW1zLm9yZy8=. When that is decoded using base 64, the value is your homepage URL and not the current page's URL. So it's not being stripped off by your server.

In the login_form template, the hidden field value is set to {vb:raw url} which is coming from the HTTP_REFERER by default. So it looks like the HTTP_REFERER is beling blocked at the server level. Ask your host about it.
      Glenn are you using Cloudflare? I disabled the service but still the same issue. Do you know of any settings that are problematic and cause this?

It seems that the issue is caused by your CloudFlare settings.

I noticed that your domain is using CloudFlare DNS records and the service is not managed by us.

Then I bypassed CloudFlare by inserting the following lines in my local hosts file:Code:

37.60.239. xxx christforums.org
      37.60.239.xxx www.christforums.org

Once I cleared my browser's cache and my DNS cache I verified that the issue does not persists when your website is directly fetched from your account with us.

This being said I could suggest that you check your CloudFlare settings and try disabling the minimization of HTML in your CloudFlare settings.

Please make sure that you flush CloudFlare's cache and your browser's cache after each change in order to verify the results.

Should you need any further assistance, do not hesitate to contact us again.
      William

Comment

• William Thomas Jr
        Editing a comment
        I changed my dns to the host's. I'm waiting for it to propagate.

• William Thomas Jr
        Editing a comment
        Host was right...... switching to their dns and ridding of Cloudflare resolved the issue.
    • glennrocksvb
      • Mar 2011
      • 5.7.X

I also use Cloudflare but the issue doesn't happen to my site.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...