• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by MrsTiggywinkle
    Code:
    search?searchJSON={"date":{"from":"lastDay"},"view":"topic","sort":{"lastcontent":"desc"},"exclude":[282739],”exclude_type":["vBForum_PrivateMessage","vBForum_VisitorMessage","vBForum_Report","vBForum_Redirect"]}
    This has an invalid quote leading into exclude_type. You cannot use UTF-8 in this URL. That means no curly quotes.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Mrs.T
      • Nov 2007
      • 6.0.X

Originally posted by webgeek247

What is the code you are using now? Which node IDs/threads or categories are you trying to exclude?
      If you scroll up to post 22 all our current code is all in there. We just want to exclude one channel node id 282739

Comment

• Mrs.T
        • Nov 2007
        • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
        This has an invalid quote leading into exclude_type. You cannot use UTF-8 in this URL. That means no curly quotes.
        It doesn't look like a curly quote when I put it in text edit. But to double check I've just tried this one that webgeek247 gave and that doesn't work either:

Code:
        {"from":"lastDay"},"view":"topic","sort":{"lastcontent":"desc"},"exclude”:[282739],”exclude_type":["vBForum_PrivateMessage","vBForum_VisitorMessage","vBForum_Report","vBForum_Redirect"]}

Comment

• webgeek247
          • Mar 2006
          • 5.7.X

Try this one

File upload and sharing. Cloud storage platform. Store, Share or Sell your content: photos, videos, music, podcasts or documents. Free signup.
          Fast, Secure and Easy cloud file hosting, storage and safe sharing. FTP alternative. Free signup. Unlimited download traffic via torrents.
          Web Hosting Forum | Fastest Hosting | Backup Storage

Comment

• Mrs.T
            Mrs.T commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you so much, I'll try that in the morning.
        • webgeek247
          • Mar 2006
          • 5.7.X

Wayne Luke did you receive my PM? Have you checked the issue I mentioned or do I need to submit a ticket? Thanks.
          Web Hosting Forum | Fastest Hosting | Backup Storage

Comment

• Mrs.T
            • Nov 2007
            • 6.0.X

Originally posted by webgeek247
            Thanks so much for trying to help webgeek247 I do really appreciate it but I'm afraid it didn't work, it returned a "no results met your criteria"

I'm giving up on this now and will instead have to create a specific usergroup for the people to access the private forum. This exclude from search stuff is just proving too stressful, I've been trying for over a week now and getting nowhere

Thanks to those who tried to help

Comment

• Carrfixr
              Carrfixr commented
              Editing a comment
              I have played with setting up search modules in the past. These JSON strings are very unfriendly and if someone would just take the time to explain things in easy terms it would benefit many. A lot has to do with the module settings as well. I tried to make just a simple unread comments module and got the same results

• Mrs.T
              Mrs.T commented
              Editing a comment
              Completely agree - give me a knitting pattern any day

• Carrfixr
              Carrfixr commented
              Editing a comment
              Bahhaa
              Or on my end just give me a car engine swap
          • Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

Try replacing the " markers in the string with %22.

This is what I use on this site:
            https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/search?searchJSON={%22date%22:{%22from%22:%22lastMonth%22},%22view%22:%22topic%22,%22sort% 22:{%22lastcontent%22:%22desc%22},%22exclude%22:[38],%22exclude_type%22:[%22vBForum_PrivateMessage%22,%22vBForum_VisitorMessage%22,%22vBForum_Report%22,%22vBForum_ Redirect%22]}
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...