X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jdj
    • Jan 2009
    • 5.1.x

[Bug / Issue] Admincp shows blank white screen after upgrade to vb 5.2.6

I've just upgraded my test site from vb 5.2.5 to vb 5.2.6 and as far as I can tell the upgrade script ran correctly.

Having run the upgrade I deleted the */core/install directory and hit the Admincp button. That gave me a blank white screen.

So I typed mysite.com/admincp into my browser and hit enter, that still gave me a blank white screen.

So I reran the upgrade script, again it seemed to run OK but it did the same thing again; again I got a blank white screen at mysite.com/admincp.

However, having originally logged in to my admincp to turn my test site off I'd left that browser window open. So I went back there to see if anything there was working and that worked - I could go to settings, options and turn my forum back on again although I was obliged to log back in.

So once I've upgraded I can only access my admincp if I leave a browser window open to administer the site. As soon as I close that browser window it doesn't work.

Anybody know what the issue is and how I fix it?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Is there an error_log file in your forum directory? What is the last line after you try to load the AdminCP?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• jdj
      • Jan 2009
      • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      Is there an error_log file in your forum directory? What is the last line after you try to load the AdminCP?
      I found the solution to this and forgot to report back; there was a blank index.html file in the admincp directory in the upgrade package. It's still there in the package today if you unzip it. Once you delete the blank html file the Admin Control Panel will display.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

I've created a JIRA - http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-17073
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment