Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • online68
    • Mar 2015

"Who's online" issue

Hello. I'm hoping someone might be able to help me. I have the "who's online" not available to regular members, but there is a member that can see the link button on the forum because I can see her viewing "who's online" when I'm looking at it. I have it set in the usergroup for registered members so that they can't see who's online. I even created a dummy user just to see if the link would appear and it doesn't. Any idea how to remove this member from viewing "who's online?"
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

It might show them viewing the online page but they might be seeing the "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page" error message and not the actual online content.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• online68
      • Mar 2015

Ok, but two things make me think that she can actually see it. One, I'd created a dummy userid and the "who's online" link doesn't show, and two, I've seen this member viewing who's online several times.

Now, it's possible that I didn't have that particular permission set to "can't view" until after some members had registered. Could that be the issue? If so, how would I make them current to the permissions?

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

If you set the permission after they registered, it doesn't matter. The new permission will be set for them.

They may not see the link any more, but it's pretty easy to guess that it is at /online if you have ever been to another vB5 site.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment