• Show
Clear All
  • YongSeong Kim
    • Jan 2017
    • 5.0.x

Where is Forum Home Template

Hello.
    I'm using vBulletin ver 5.2.5.

I can't find Forum Home Template in Default Style.
    How can I edit home template???

i can't follow this video.

• Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

There is no forumhome template in vB5. And you certainly won't find it following instructions for a site running vB3!

To find which template you need to change, enable the following setting:

AdminCP > Settings > Options > General Settings > Add Template Name in HTML Comments

After enabling this, refresh the page you're on and view the source code - the start and finish point of each template will then be marked in the source code.
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• YongSeong Kim
      • Jan 2017
      • 5.0.x

Yeah! I found It!!

BTW How can I change the contents of the body?
      Actions such as editing the attributes of the body or deleting, adding the template inside the body.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • Mar 2011
        • 5.7.X

What is it exactly that you want to do? Editing existing templates is not recommended for maintenance reasons. You may have template merge conflicts you have to resolve every time you upgrade.

Depending on what you want to do, template hooks could be your solution.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

I suggest inspecting the elements and checking the classes and IDs they already have on them. If you change the existing classes and IDs, the system will break. However, you can often overwrite the CSS on existing elements without problem.

If you absolutely have to add HTML that can't be handled by the static HTML module, then template hooks are the best solution. If you need a specific hook, post it in the issue tracker (link above) and we can add it. Adding new hook locations is relatively simple for the developers to do.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• YongSeong Kim
            • Jan 2017
            • 5.0.x

Glenn Vergara Wayne Luke
            I just want to change the structure of the page. Not using CSS.
            And I want to change the id value and the class value to a form that I can use easily.

These pages seem to have their own structure, id, and class values ...
            We were happy to serve and host these forums for 2,7 million registered users who took their time to create 1,5 million threads and 12 million posts. That’s not something to sneeze at!!

I'll try the template hook once. Thanks.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
              Former vBulletin Developer
              • Mar 2011
              • 5.7.X

I still don't understand why you need to change the structure of the page. Like why do you have to change the form id and class attributes if you're not using CSS?

The links you posted are on vB4 and not vB5. vB4 and vB5 have totally different HTML structure.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                • Aug 2000

Originally posted by YongSeong Kim
                Glenn Vergara Wayne Luke
                I just want to change the structure of the page. Not using CSS.
                And I want to change the id value and the class value to a form that I can use easily.

These pages seem to have their own structure, id, and class values ...
                We were happy to serve and host these forums for 2,7 million registered users who took their time to create 1,5 million threads and 12 million posts. That’s not something to sneeze at!!

I'll try the template hook once. Thanks.
                Neither of those sites are using vBulletin 5.

The majority of the design on those sites can be replicated using Style Variables and without changing any of the templates or CSS.

Do not change the existing CSS Classes or IDs on elements. You will break the site.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...