• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spiritualforum
    • Jan 2017
    • 5.2.x

Meta Description Tag Showing some HTML codes in my all Pages

Dear Support

I have Spiritual Forum website at Domain - https://www.spiritualforum.community

When ever i share any page to some social network it unable to get description of my page hence when i check some of my thread page source code i come to know the issue...

My Thread page Source META DESCRIPTION is not proper... For Example when you check source code of page -

It was like this :

Code:

<meta name="description" content="{&amp;quot;data-align&amp;quot;:&amp;quot;center&amp;quot;,&amp;quot;data-size&amp;quot;:&amp;quot;full&amp;quot;,&amp;quot;data-tempid&amp;quot;:&amp;quot;temp_38_1485198628752_327&amp;quot;,&amp;quot;title&amp;quot" />
    So Please suggest me what to do to fix Description of Thread Page with perfect value ... THANKS
    Spiritual Community Forum - An Online Debate & Discussion Board for Religious Places, supernatural, paranormal, philosophical, tarot, meditation & astrology topics
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Edit the page. Save the page. Change the meta description to fit your needs. It should only have text. No code of any sort.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• spiritualforum
      • Jan 2017
      • 5.2.x

Wayne Luke Yes this is working but only in FORUM PAGE, CATEGORY PAGE or Manually created page ..

But when i click EDIT Page in NEW TOPIC Page it was now showing TITLE & DESCRIPTION Editor which was show during Other Pages while we Save page.. So i am not getting how to change or fix this issue

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        • Aug 2000

The only way to fix the issue is to update the meta description via the method I stated before. We don't put any code into the meta description of a default install.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• spiritualforum
          • Jan 2017
          • 5.2.x

Oh Sorry Sir ... I have test and try all thing since last 2 days ...

All pages (forum, sub forum and category) are able to Edit title and description as per Save Page option as you stated ... But When i Open TOPIC PAGE and then click SAVE PAGE option in GUI Editor it was providing Edit Box for CATEGORY in which this Topic is...

I am new to VBulletin i dont know how to get support .. But if there is some option by which i provide you may UName Pass to check at your ends it was too nice sir

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            • Aug 2000

1. Log into your site.
            2. Go to the page with the problem.
            3. Click on the "Edit Site" in the top right corner of the page. Make sure it is On.
            4. On the Site Builder Menu that should appear on the same row.
            5. Click "Edit Page".
            6. Click "Save Page" immediately.
            7. There should be four fields... Title, URL, Meta Description, and Overwrite Template.
            8. Edit the Meta Description field.
            9. Continue with saving with the onscreen controls.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• glennrocksvb
              Former vBulletin Developer
              • Mar 2011
              • 5.7.X

Originally posted by spiritualforum

My Thread page Source META DESCRIPTION is not proper... For Example when you check source code of page -

https://www.spiritualforum.community...n-life-of-osho

It was like this :

Code:
              <meta name="description" content="{&amp;quot;data-align&amp;quot;:&amp;quot;center&amp;quot;,&amp;quot;data-size&amp;quot;:&amp;quot;full&amp;quot;,&amp;quot;data-tempid&amp;quot;:&amp;quot;temp_38_1485198628752_327&amp;quot;,&amp;quot;title&amp;quot" />
              Wayne Luke, I think this issue on the topic page occurs if the starter post contains an embedded image in the first line of the content. As you will notice in the meta description, there is an HTML-encoded JSON data for embedded image.

Meta description on topic pages is programmatically taken from the first few lines in the starter post and should not be edited in Sitebuilder.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                • Aug 2000

The fix in that case is to have the text above the image. There is a JIRA for this bug and it will be fixed in an upcoming version.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• spiritualforum
                  • Jan 2017
                  • 5.2.x

OH Yes Its true as per glenn sir reply its true that issue is when we have image before the description text ... Rest of other has text in description meta.. But When we have image before text it apply some html codes in description... As per wayne sir we will wait for next update to fix this.. thanks for this clarification and great support

Comment