X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheFurther
    • Dec 2016
    • 5.2.x

Google Adsence code Help. 

I have been trying to get approved for google Adsence for quite a while now and im stuck on the reviewing your page for over a month now. I have a feeling its because i posted the code on the wrong section of the style!

I need to add the following code

Code:

<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script> <script>   (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({     google_ad_client: "ca-pub-3068936494778800",     enable_page_level_ads: true   }); </script>
    right after the <head> tag.

Can someone please point to me which template exactly i need to edit to add this line in?

I was able to get the google analytic tracking code in the footer so that's all set. just cant figure out this one!

I am currently running the RedFox theme for vb5 from vbstyles.com
    (already posted on their support forum and got no response :/

thanks!
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You should be using Ad Modules to put advertising on your page. If you want an ad at the very top of the page above the header, edit the header in Site Builder and put your AdSense code in the Header 1 Location. Follow the instructions on the screen.

For other locations, add the Ad Module by editing the page in Site Builder and place your Adsense code inside modules you add.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• TheFurther
      • Dec 2016
      • 5.2.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      You should be using Ad Modules to put advertising on your page. If you want an ad at the very top of the page above the header, edit the header in Site Builder and put your AdSense code in the Header 1 Location. Follow the instructions on the screen.

For other locations, add the Ad Module by editing the page in Site Builder and place your Adsense code inside modules you add.
      yes i am aware on how to put it on the main page. This code that was given needs to be placed in <head> so they can approve my adsence account. It is still stuck in the verification process.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • Mar 2011
        • 5.7.X

Edit the head_include template in Style Manager in AdminCP and paste the code there.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

A better place to put it would be in the field for Search Engine Verification under Settings -> Options -> Search Engine Verification. Anything placed here will be placed in the Header. Set Google to Yes and place the code in the text box underneath.

This method will work on Cloud and download versions.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• glennrocksvb
            Former vBulletin Developer
            • Mar 2011
            • 5.7.X

That works too. And that's a better solution. But we should make it clear that Google Adsense is not the same as Search Engine Verification. We are just re-purposing the Search Engine Verification option to also include Adsense code and not just the actual site ownership verification code.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment