X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nintenex
    • Oct 2016
    • 5.2.x

questioning vB5

Will i be able to further edit the site the way i want? as a creative individual this is important to me. I cant edit much on cloud unfortunately.

Will i need to buy a new license at $249? or upgrade to vB5 Connect at $209? and after that is there a subscription monthly or yearly fee because i dont see any details about that on the order page?
    Last edited by Nintenex; Thu 26 Jan '17, 4:10pm.
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

You will have 100% access to all code with the self hosted version plus you can upload modifications and third party styles.

You will need to buy a new license as you don't have a vB3 or vB4 license to upgrade. There are no additional fees or subscriptions payable to us for vB5 after you purchase the license
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Nintenex
      • Oct 2016
      • 5.2.x

Is there anything i need to know before i try transferring my site over? I'd still like to keep all the threads and user accs, post counts, ect.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • Mar 2011
        • 5.7.X

You will be able to transfer everything. Just request a copy of your vBCloud database. But you should do that when you already have a web hosting and bought a vB5 license. I recommend you to get a VPS plan and not a shared plan. I have a list of VPS hosting plans on my site.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Nintenex
          • Oct 2016
          • 5.2.x

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara
          You will be able to transfer everything. Just request a copy of your vBCloud database. But you should do that when you already have a web hosting and bought a vB5 license. I recommend you to get a VPS plan and not a shared plan. I have a list of VPS hosting plans on my site.
          alright thanks glen, ill check it out i think i foudn the thread you're referring to. here

if thats the case i'll just stick with dreamhost its where my domain is being hosted on so ill go with them.

Comment

• Nintenex
            • Oct 2016
            • 5.2.x

Guys, Once i get my cloud data base and buy the vbulletin5 full version, what do i do with it next?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

The steps are outlined here: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...wnload-product
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment