Notify users of an old site about new vBulletin forum?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • webgeek247
    • Mar 2006
    • 5.7.X

Notify users of an old site about new vBulletin forum?

Hi,

I had a directory using PHPLD but decided not to keep using the site due to the developer no longer supporting it, and so I have redirected the domain to the new vBulletin 5 forum. I did not even try to migrate data from PHPLD to vBulletin as I knew it would not be easy. I exported a txt file of all the email addresses from the old MySQL database used for the directory.

What is the best way for me to send an email to all the email addresses to notify them of the site move so they can sign up to the new forum?

Thanks,
    Chris
    Web Hosting Forum | Fastest Hosting | Backup Storage
  • webgeek247
    • Mar 2006
    • 5.7.X

PS I know how to send the emails, just wondering if there is a plugin that I can use to send the emails directly from the vBulletin forum without me having to set up mailing scripts.

Comment

• Mark.B
      vBulletin Support
      • Feb 2004
      • 6.0.X

I am not aware of anything that would do this, but for help with custom code it's best to ask on www.vbulletin.org.
      MARK.B
      vBulletin Support
      ------------
      My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
      My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• webgeek247
        • Mar 2006
        • 5.7.X

I noticed if I go to "Quick Setup" it shows "Invite members to this forum" and "Type the emails addresses and separate them with a semicolon" well that is perfect and would do the job providing it works properly. Would it be OK to send around 800 emails using that or would it timeout? Will forum do the job properly?

I think it sends the list to queue and then would be sent by vBulletin when cron runs and so the page itself shouldn't timeout? Can someone please confirm? I did a quick test email, but it went to junk mail?

Or should I use something like SendGrid? Does anyone have any experience with that?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...