Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ljianyih
    • Mar 2012

Some Groups Issues

Hi, whenever someone clicked + create group, the following error appears as shown in the attachment (the url for creating the group is https://www.fanschats.com/fan-clubs ). Clicking on create group in any group categories or using the top bar sub navigation works fine though.

"Invalid value '' for parameter $nodeid in method vB_Api_Content_Channel::canAddChannel"

We guess this might be happening from our site changing the url "social-groups" to "fan-clubs". I think changing the group home page url also leads to additional problem which relates to each other such as
    - when accessing i.e. https://www.fanschats.com/fan-clubs/page2 leads to error page (where the ajax next page button works well though)
    - and i.e. https://www.fanschats.com/fan-clubs/others/meditation the top breadcrumb url for the groups home become # instead of the group home page (I checked vbulletin support forum is vbulletin.com/forum/social-groups instead)

I think these issues are related to each other. How can I do to solve this issue? It's a VB cloub forum so it would be great if vb can helps to solve these (there is vb ibadmin login anyway). Thanks.
    Attached Files
  • ljianyih
    • Mar 2012

Also, another thing is uploading gif or png will leads to the group thumbnail not showing anything, only jpg works for the group image (the group thumbnail images are too small anyway, would be great if there is a way to change the thumbnail size as well).

I know it maybe too much addressing some issues and still making suggestions, but since we're going to use groups a lot, it would also be great if there is group sorting function i.e. sort by popularity, most members, most topics, comments, etc.

Thanks a lot for the time though.
    Last edited by ljianyih; Fri 30 Dec '16, 10:31am.

Comment

• unixman
      • Jun 2001
      • 5.2.x

Originally posted by ljianyih
      Also, another thing is uploading gif or png will leads to the group thumbnail not showing anything, only jpg works for the group image (the group thumbnail images are too small anyway, would be great if there is a way to change the thumbnail size as well).
      I have the same problem with PNG, etc. I've had to use JPG images as well in order to get the thumbnails to generate properly. We have 4,000 groups on our site, each with its own thumbnail.

You can adjust the thumbnail size actually. It's under options and Message Attachment Options.

Cheers.

Incursus: (latin: clash, collision/attack, raid, foray, invasion)
      We Create Thingz.

Comment

• ljianyih
        • Mar 2012

Thanks, I've changed the message attachment options for icons from 32px to 64px, but I'm not sure how to edit the custom css to display bigger without distortion, so i just set the container and the image width and height to 64px. Any tips on how to write the css to display 64px for group icons without stretching on width or height? Thanks.

Also, hope that someone can help me with other problems mentioned above. Thanks.
        Last edited by ljianyih; Wed 4 Jan '17, 11:35pm.

Comment

• unixman
          • Jun 2001
          • 5.2.x

Originally posted by ljianyih
          Thanks, I've changed the message attachment options for icons from 32px to 64px, but I'm not sure how to edit the custom css to display bigger without distortion, so i just set the container and the image width and height to 64px. Any tips on how to write the css to display 64px for group icons without stretching on width or height? Thanks.

Also, hope that someone can help me with other problems mentioned above. Thanks.
          You should just be able to edit whatever VB template has that CSS class in it. I don't have it front of me at the moment, but just search your templates for whatever class it is then edit that template.

Cheers.
          Incursus: (latin: clash, collision/attack, raid, foray, invasion)
          We Create Thingz.

Comment

• Mark.B
            vBulletin Support
            • Feb 2004
            • 6.0.X

You can't use css to 'stretch an image without distortion', that's not how it works.

Group icons are thumbnails, they are set to that size in the forum code. Changing this would require not only css to resize the actual image, but custom coding to change the size of the thumbnails to match. We cannot however support custom coding.
            MARK.B
            vBulletin Support
            ------------
            My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
            My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment