• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raya7een91
    • Sep 2016
    • 5.2.x

customizing the forum style

Hi

I want to ask if there is any way to customize my forum style without going to control panel. from where can i find the HTML file of style to modify it. since modifying using control panel is restricted somehow.
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

If you can't access the Admin CP on a site you own and are the main Administrator that is going to be a serious issue and should be your priority of getting fixed before worrying about styling the site.

However, yes, technically you can enable Site Builder, go to STYLE in Site Builder, go to CSS EDITOR, and supply custom CSS for any style. With knowledge of CSS and browser tools to find the class or ID of the elements you wish to modify you can make extensive customization with enough time and understanding you could completely change the look of the site without accessing the control panel. .
    Last edited by BirdOPrey5; Wed 21 Dec '16, 3:35am.

Comment

• raya7een91
      • Sep 2016
      • 5.2.x

No I can access AdminCP but I mean I want to know from where can I edit the CSS and HTML of the style.

the way that you suggest can be benefit but I need the know the previous CSS to modify instead to create new one for each class.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

CSS and the HTML that is used to make up the page display is accessed via the templates in the AdminCP:

AdminCP > Styles > Style Manager > [Edit Templates]

You can't edit these via files.
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• raya7een91
          • Sep 2016
          • 5.2.x

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
          CSS and the HTML that is used to make up the page display is accessed via the templates in the AdminCP:

AdminCP > Styles > Style Manager > [Edit Templates]

You can't edit these via files.
          But the code seems to be XML code not HTML & CSS

Comment

• raya7een91
            • Sep 2016
            • 5.2.x

why version 3 & 4 can be customized more. they can take the style code to frontpage or any other editor and modify it .

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by raya7een91

But the code seems to be XML code not HTML & CSS
              Templates like you posted are made up of combinations of vBulletin Template code (things like <vb:comment> and <vb:if>) as well as HTML5. XML is not used.

You can learn more about vBulletin Template Syntax in the manual: https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/...mplates_syntax

CSS is generally only in special CSS templates that are part of the css_templates group.

You should basically never edit the css templates directly, just add the code you want to change to css_additional.css and it will override existing CSS. It will make upgrades much easier.

The editing of templates in general (besides css_additional.css) is discouraged because it can complicate upgrades, so if you do them it is at your own risk, we cannot support template customization.

Comment