Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KC Weirdwolf
    • Apr 2006

5.2.5 Chat Bubble

We have paid subscriptions. Only the Paid Subscriptions, which are set up as a "custom usergroup" in the admin, are allowed to use the chat or pm/messenger options.
    How do I disable the chat for all other usergroups? I want the talk bubbles to only appear on my paid subscription users.
  • In Omnibus
    • Apr 2010

AdminCP / Usergroup Options / Private Message Permissions / Can Use vBMessenger?

Comment

• KC Weirdwolf
      • Apr 2006

I have this done; Admin CP/Options/Private Messaging and vB Messanger Options/Enable vB Messenger=Yes
      In each User Group that should not have access to the messanger/chat system I have this setting: Adim CP/Usergroup Manager/Edit Usergroup/Private Message Permissions/Can Use vB Messenger:= No

With these settings the standard, not paid subscription forum user still has access to the chat bubble displayed by their username with in a threads post.

If I set this Admin CP/Options/Private Messaging and vB Messanger Options/Enable vB Messenger=No then all users lose the chat bubble even if their usergroup is set to allow.
      Last edited by KC Weirdwolf; Sun 4 Dec '16, 6:31am.

Comment

• In Omnibus
        • Apr 2010

I see what you mean. That seems like a bug.

Comment