• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ilfllc
    • Nov 2014
    • 5.1.x

cacheevent table keeps crashing, repeatedly

Hi,

Can someone please provide some insight as to what I can do to properly fix the cacheevent table? Since upgrading to vBulletin 5 connect, we've had nothing but issues and this table keeps crashing repeatedly. I've seen someone suggest truncating the table could potentially fix this issue, but was wondering specifically how I would do that without affecting anything seriously.

At this point I'm having to repair the table every couple of days, and it's causing a lot of issues for users of our forum. Below is some example output from mysql:

mysql> check table cacheevent;

+----------------------+-------+----------+----------------------------------------------------------------------+

| Table | Op | Msg_type | Msg_text |

+----------------------+-------+----------+----------------------------------------------------------------------+

| myvbulletinforum.cacheevent | check | warning | Table is marked as crashed |

| myvbulletinforum.cacheevent | check | warning | 1 client is using or hasn't closed the table properly |

| myvbulletinforum.cacheevent | check | warning | Found 2282340 deleted space in delete link chain. Should be 2286136 |

| myvbulletinforum.cacheevent | check | error | Found more than the expected 40432 deleted rows in delete link chain |

| myvbulletinforum.cacheevent | check | error | record delete-link-chain corrupted |

| myvbulletinforum.cacheevent | check | error | Corrupt |

6 rows in set (12.86 sec)

Thanks in advance to anyone that can assist!
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Frequent crashing is often caused by MySQL being shut down inappropriately. It is a high traffic table. Make sure that is it using the INNODB database engine in MySQL. If it continues to crash, your server administrator / hosting provider will have to look at it.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• ilfllc
      • Nov 2014
      • 5.1.x

Thanks Wayne, I do believe the DB is using MyISAM primarily for its storage engine. Are there any issues with converting the vb5 DB tables to InnoDB? I know some full text tables can have problems with it.

Cheers

Comment

• SpaceStar
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by ilfllc
        Thanks Wayne, I do believe the DB is using MyISAM primarily for its storage engine. Are there any issues with converting the vb5 DB tables to InnoDB? I know some full text tables can have problems with it.

Cheers
        I converted my from MyISAM to InnoDB and it worked fine.

Regarding your issue, I had and still have somewhat same kind of issue with this table and the cache tabel. I mentioned that in this thread:

Hello I am afraid there are more issues to report from my side. When replying to a post or creating a new topics different errors are displayed. Posting is done nevertheless, needs to be out of the thread

Although there were some suggestions, but never a clear answer to why cache and cachevent is going mad.

What I have done to overcome this, while waiting to get a clear cut answer "THAT IS WHY IT IS EXPANDING RAPIDLY".. I have created a cron job to truncate cache and cachevent table once an hour - that has worked very well.....

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by ilfllc

Cheers
          We recommend INNODB for all tables except the language and phrase tables. If you're using a version of MySQL of 5.6 or higher, you can convert the language and phrase tables to INNODB as well.

All new installs should use this configuration.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...