• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • panoramia
    • Oct 2013
    • 5.1.x

some users can't see files to download

Dear Sir,

There is something strange happening to a couple of members of my vBulletin 5.2.4 installation. I've some thread with a zip file to download, a couple of users can't see the attachment to download, 99% of the users can. I checked everything and all seems to be ok. All users belong to the Registered group, there is nothing special in my installation. All users pay the same way and given automatically the same permissions, but there are a couple that can't see the download link I've attached what most can see and a user can't.

I also realized that that user won't see the layout the same way, the left sidebar area with the user avatar is not there the same way, the vertical stripe is not there... I am even more lost on how to fix this.

Where can this problem be? I'm lost and can't find the solution

Regards,
    Alfonso
    Attached Files
  • Craig
    • Jan 2008
    • 6.X

Have they tried using a different browser?
    adktramping ~ my happy place.

"Whoever said practice makes perfect was an idiot. Humans can't be perfect because we're not machines." ~ Sam Gardner.

Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

• panoramia
      panoramia commented
      Editing a comment
      I've tried with all browsers that I use, Chrome, Firefox and IE. All of them have the same issue. If I log out with the problematic used and log in with other users it all works fine. I just can't see attachment with that user and the posts are not seen the same, the layout changes I am lost on what to do here to fix it.
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

Do the users having this issue have the same Primary Usergroup as the others who don't have this issue?

Do the users having this issue has Secondary Usergroup? That might be the one causing the issue. Try removing the secondary usergroup from those users or update the usergroup permissions

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• panoramia
      panoramia commented
      Editing a comment
      All users in my web site have the same primary usergroup, including this one, members don't have a secondary group. I am the only one that belongs to the administrator group. I've tried to edit user, save his profile from admincp, looked everywhere and his profile is EXACTLY the same as any other user profile I've logged in with another username created the same day and all is fine, all users are fine exact this one.

All the users in my forum have these settings, including the problematic one I am reporting where he can't download attachments and layout changes for him