X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • myke2008
    • Jan 2008
    • 5.2.x

vb Messenger Blank screen

Trying to sort out this issue, hoping there is a solution. Testing the messenger option on the vBulletin.com sight I see that it works as intended but not so on my own site.

The messenger is a blank screen as seen in my attachment, I can see the path at the top /pmchat/chat and can't help but notice this directory is not there in my installation. Not sure if it needs to be. So far I tested in Chrome and in IE and neither show the chat bubble.

Testing the currant version vBulletin 5.2.4 (default vb style and gradient)
    PHP Version 5.6.24 ( I have the option to upgrade to 7.0 "new and scary" )
    mySQL version is 5.6
    I don't have any mods installed yet, other then the social twitter button in the forum.

I went through all the settings and adjustments mentioned in this announcement thread: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...etin-messenger

Is there some file that I need to edit as well maybe?

Thanks for help from anyone!

Click image for larger version  Name:	messenger.JPG Views:	1 Size:	51.3 KB ID:	4358708
    Last edited by myke2008; Sun 6 Nov '16, 6:42pm.
    www.syfydesigns.com
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Attached the the above JIRA entry, there's a file 'class_upgrade_524.php' - download this to your PC/Mac. Then upload the core/install directory to your server then upload 'class_upgrade_524.php' to the core/install/includes folder overwriting the one that's there.

Next, you need to re-run that upgrade step, so go to:

syfydesigns.com/core/install/upgrade.php?version=524&only=y

When it's finished, delete the core/install directory and the pop-up should work.
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• myke2008
      • Jan 2008
      • 5.2.x

That worked to fix it, thank you very much!
      www.syfydesigns.com

Comment

• AR2017
        • Mar 2017
        • 5.2.x

Hi, I actually had the same problem on 5.2.4, I actually didnt fix it since I thought that it might be fixed by itself when upgrading to Version 5.2.6 which I did today.
        But now there is not even a white space showing anymore, it just opens an empty page with the backround image of the forum. Besides that it is totaly blank.

Any idea what could be the reason?

I tried the fix already by uploading the file mentioned above to the install folder and upgraded again. but no changes. Any other idea how to get the PMChat working?

Comment

• Kenneth Rugaard
          • Nov 2017
          • 5.3.x

I'm having the same issues on 5.4.0, it is working for mods/admins but not for other users.

Comment

• v-w
            • Aug 2018
            • 5.3.x

Same here, Version 5.4.3.

Tested in IE and Edge. Not tested on Firefox because it won't let me log out of my admin account sort of deleting all the cookies and stuff.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Kenneth Rugaard
              I'm having the same issues on 5.4.0, it is working for mods/admins but not for other users.
              Users have to be able to use Private Messages. If they have reached their quota then they cannot use the system. You will need to increase their quota to give them access to private messages. The default should be 500 topics.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                • Aug 2000

Originally posted by v-w
                Same here, Version 5.4.3.

Tested in IE and Edge. Not tested on Firefox because it won't let me log out of my admin account sort of deleting all the cookies and stuff.
                We can't diagnose the issues on your site without a support contract and access to the server (FTP, MYSQL, and vBulletin AdminCP).

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• v-w
                  • Aug 2018
                  • 5.3.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke

Users have to be able to use Private Messages. If they have reached their quota then they cannot use the system. You will need to increase their quota to give them access to private messages. The default should be 500 topics.
                  My test user has used 7/800 PMs. I temporarily set "Can Ignore Quota" to "Yes" for the usergroup and it didn't help either.

If an admin initiates a chat, the test user can reply.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by v-w

My test user has used 7/800 PMs. I temporarily set "Can Ignore Quota" to "Yes" for the usergroup and it didn't help either.

If an admin initiates a chat, the test user can reply.
                    That answer is specific to the post that I quoted. As I stated to your reply, we need a support ticket to look at your issues and figure out what is going on. Until the login issue is fixed, we cannot fix anything else. The popup window relies on the cookies to keep you logged in order to send messages.

This is exactly the reason why we request that everyone open their own topic. Each and every post in this thread could have a different reason why the window appeared blank.

Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment