• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Josh789
    • Apr 2015
    • 5.1.x

How to Remove "Guest" Posts After Deleting Spammer

Hello,

I deleted two spammers and thought I had deleted their posts, but it looks like they posted visitor messages to themselves that are now showing as Guest in my search modules.

Here is a screenshot of what I mean:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	88
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	4358533

My site: http://forum.highonhockey.com/

I have remarked that unregistered users do not see those posts. Registered user do. I can't seem to find the option that triggers who can see those posts.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?
  • Josh789
    • Apr 2015
    • 5.1.x

Disregard. Dumb question. Of course, I was able to click "View All" and then manually delete the messages.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Before you delete a spammer, you can view their profile in the AdminCP. Then using the Quick Links menu at the top of the left column, you can delete all their posts.

When you delete one of their posts, there are options to delete all posts by that user and to ban them at the same time. However, if the user is deleted this can cause problems since their userid will be gone.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Josh789
        • Apr 2015
        • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
        Before you delete a spammer, you can view their profile in the AdminCP. Then using the Quick Links menu at the top of the left column, you can delete all their posts.

When you delete one of their posts, there are options to delete all posts by that user and to ban them at the same time. However, if the user is deleted this can cause problems since their userid will be gone.
        Uh oh. I must have fully deleted 50+ users this way. How likely, in what kind of circumstance, and to what degree can this cause problems for me? Is there something I can do to reverse some of the damage?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

When you delete a user, their posts are set to UserID 0. Just makes it harder to track which user created which post. It doesn't actually cause problems for the system.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment