X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gwe
    • Sep 2016
    • 5.2.x

Login page

I'm trying to find a link to a login page for our users who are having a hard time finding the 'Login or Sign Up' button.

I found this thread on the subject, but the url suggested in it (/forum/auth/login-form) doesn't work on my site like it does on this one (http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/auth/login-form). Is there something I have to do to activate this feature?
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

You need to take the second 'forum' out of the URL as that's not the location of your forum root.

MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• gwe
      • Sep 2016
      • 5.2.x

YES! Thank you sooo much!

Comment

• LCTlive
        • Oct 2021

I'd like to do the same thing with my website as gwe does above in #1:
        I'm trying to find a link to a login page for our users who are having a hard time finding the 'Login or Sign Up' button.
        Specifically, I'd like to create a Notice like in the attached screenshot of html in lct_edit_302_login_link_notice.png.

However, the solution Mark.B provided in #2 doesn't work for my website. I get this error:
        This site can’t be reached

Check if there is a typo in forum.************.com.

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN
        I'm running vBulletin 5.6.4 Patch Level 1. Please see my URL in the attached screenshot, to hide my domain name from google indexing this question lol.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by LCTlive
          I'd like to do the same thing with my website as gwe does above in #1:

Specifically, I'd like to create a Notice like in the attached screenshot of html in lct_edit_302_login_link_notice.png.

However, the solution Mark.B provided in #2 doesn't work for my website. I get this error:

I'm running vBulletin 5.6.4 Patch Level 1. Please see my URL in the attached screenshot, to hide my domain name from google indexing this question lol.
          That is because it isn't a valid URL. Looking at your cloud site, the url is www.livecointalk.com. However, the URL referenced by Mark B. above is an invalid URL in your version of the software. This software is continually developed and the login system was refactored in 2019.

There is currently no reason to add a login page or a link to login. Anytime someone hits something they cannot see without a login, the no permission page will show and include a login form.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• LCTlive
            • Oct 2021

I'm not sure how the login feature works, but since when I click on "Login or Sign Up" in the header, and the feature slides out, I'm going to call it a slideout.

Can I add that slideout to the bottom of any page where someone would want to comment? Or, to all pages, really?

If people are on the page below, they'll read all the comments, get to the bottom, and could use some in help in what to do next.

I'm trying to do everything I can think of to keep guests on the site, and newbies may not remember to scroll up to read the guest_notice telling them to login/signup, or scroll up to see the login/signup link in the header, so I want to try to put that slideout right there in the bottom footer.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

It works by AJAX which allows the web browser (client) to request data from the server and insert that data into the page without reloading the page.

You can display a login form by using the Display Template module and setting the template to "login_main". The individual module does not know if a user has logged in so you will want to set its view permissions to Guest Users only.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• LCTlive
                • Oct 2021

Thanks, that works great! I've added that module to pages where people would need to log in to comment. Ideally I'd hide the title, and use the notice already at the bottom of some pages to direct people to log in.

Below the ARTICLE DISPLAY MODULE, there is a notice displayed to Guest Users. I'm not sure how to change it, because it's not in AdminCP > Notices. It says:
                "Posting comments is disabled"

Same goes for Blog Post pages like 'When #shiba?' ask Robinhood users hungry for dogecoin-like returns - cryptOMG (livecointalk.com), there is still another notice. It says:
                "You must be logged in to post a comment"

So, if I could change the wording in the bottom notice circled purple in the attached image, I think that would look nice and tidy. And any other notices similarly situated. Thx!
                Attached Files

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Aug 2002
                  • 5.7.X

Have you tried searching for that Phrase:

AdminCP > Languages & Phrases > Search In Phrases
                  Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                  - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• LCTlive
                    • Oct 2021

Didn't think of that. Thanks, I found and replaced!

Comment