X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbrooke
    • Aug 2016
    • 5.2.x

FireFox and FireBug:
    The main delay happens just after this appears.
    "vBulletin.loadingIndicator.show Counter: 2 Source: ajaxStart" (http://forums.cessnaowner.org/js/footer-rollup-523.js, line 337)

Then another shorter delay after these next lines. vBulletin.AJAX Success callback: //forums.cessnaowner.org/ajax/api/editor/autosavefooter-...-523.js (line 337)
    vBulletin.AJAX Success.

Then a redirect and it's done.

Donovan

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

And you're using the standard compressed javascript files? That is, you didn't select "More Download Options" and choose the uncompressed Javascript? Uncompressed Javascript takes longer to run.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• dbrooke
        • Aug 2016
        • 5.2.x

Tried the 'Net' tab in FF firebug.. but there is a redirect that happens too fast after the delay and I can't visually see that fast to see any details. :-)

Also, I disabled 'AutoSave' by entering a value of 0 in the Message Posting prefs... does not help speed things up.

Comment

• dbrooke
          • Aug 2016
          • 5.2.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          And you're using the standard compressed javascript files? That is, you didn't select "More Download Options" and choose the uncompressed Javascript? Uncompressed Javascript takes longer to run.
          doing a less on footer-rollup-523.js shows a bunch of stacked libs, all minified.

Donovan

Comment

• glennrocksvb
            Former vBulletin Developer
            • Mar 2011
            • 5.7.X

Originally posted by dbrooke
            Tried the 'Net' tab in FF firebug.. but there is a redirect that happens too fast after the delay and I can't visually see that fast to see any details. :-)
            In Chrome, there's a "Preserve logs" checkbox to keep the logs even when page is reloaded or redirected. I'm not sure the corresponding setting in FF.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• dbrooke
              • Aug 2016
              • 5.2.x

HI Glenn, this slowness affects multiple people and multiple browsers. Thx.. sure would like to figure this out. Seems AJAX related to me.

EDIT:.. sorry, ready your post too fast before coffee.. I'll take a look!
              Last edited by dbrooke; Mon 17 Oct '16, 7:03am.

Comment

• dbrooke
                • Aug 2016
                • 5.2.x

Okay, that worked well. There is a ton of information here... but I think just the first 'hit' to 'text/' is what is important. In Chrome it took 1.2min with "Waiting (TTFB)". I'll see if I can find any specific details.

Comment

• dbrooke
                  • Aug 2016
                  • 5.2.x

Here it is in Firebug.. appears to be about half the time as Chrome:
                  Create New Content - Cessna Owner Organization
                  POST /create-content/text/ 200 OK forums.cessnaowner.org 108 B 64.131.68.215:80

39.6s
                  GET 204-testing-again 200 OK forums.cessnaowner.org 19.8 KB 64.131.68.215:80

1.44s

POST markRead 200 OK forums.cessnaowner.org 10 B 64.131.68.215:80

680ms
                  POST incrementNodeview 200 OK forums.cessnaowner.org 4 B 64.131.68.215:80

648ms
                  POST run 200 OK forums.cessnaowner.org 52 B 64.131.68.215:80

670ms
                  GET 8d52bb8427?a=6589130&v=9...3D&jsonp=NREUM.setToken 200 OK bam.nr-data.net 57 B 162.247.242.18:80

149ms
                  5 requests

Comment

• dbrooke
                    • Aug 2016
                    • 5.2.x

And one more look at the problem via Console 'Preserve Log' in google chrome.... the happens at the (AJAX?) /text/ call, line 305, footer-rollup-523.js

Code:
                    vBulletin.loadingIndicator.show Counter: 2 Source: ajaxStart
                    footer-rollup-523.js:305 Resource interpreted as Document but transferred with MIME type application/json: "http://forums.cessnaowner.org/create-content/text/".x @ footer-rollup-523.js:305
                    ckeditor-rollup-523.js:61 vBulletin.contentEntryBox.callbackSubmitSuccess
                    Sincerely,
                    Donovan

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                      Former vBulletin Developer
                      • Mar 2011
                      • 5.7.X

Posting takes 39.6 seconds. AJAX processing speed is dependent on how fast the server processes it. So I don't think it's an AJAX issue.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• dbrooke
                        • Aug 2016
                        • 5.2.x

I read another thread about email notifications causing this sort of thing.. I turned off email in the 'Email Options'.. still the same thing. I'm at a loss.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by dbrooke
                          I read another thread about email notifications causing this sort of thing.. I turned off email in the 'Email Options'.. still the same thing. I'm at a loss.
                          This was refactored and shouldn't be an issue in 5.2.4. From the information provided, I don't have an answer. You'll have to open a support ticket with FTP, DATABASE and AdminCP access.

Wayne Luke
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• dbrooke
                            • Aug 2016
                            • 5.2.x

Okay, can do... FYI, I'm on 5.2.3 Patch Level 2

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                              • Aug 2000

The notification issue was fixed in 5.2.0 or 5.2.1.

Wayne Luke
                              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• dbrooke
                                • Aug 2016
                                • 5.2.x

Apparently we are no longer eligible for ticket service anymore. We have 3 other forums to upgrade this year, if we can't figure out the posting issue, I'm going to have to make the call to switch forum software.

Comment