• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gwe
    • Sep 2016
    • 5.2.x

Error: Fatal error: Call to a member function

Hello!

We've suddenly started getting an error and we can't access our forum. We're getting the following message on our website forum.growweedeasy.com:

"Fatal error: Call to a member function hasAdminPermission() on a non-object in /home/.../core/vb/api/wrapper.php on line 170"
    1. vBulletin Version 5.2.3
    2. PHP Version 5.4
    3. MySQL Version Not sure, can't access
    4. Any Addons installed No
    5. Does the issue occur in a default style? Yes
    6. Does the issue occur using the English language provided? Yes
    7. Error message on the screen' "Fatal error: Call to a member function hasAdminPermission() on a non-object in /home/.../core/vb/api/wrapper.php on line 170"
    8. Browser and Browser version used. Any
    9. Did you clear the browser cache and did the error continue? Yes
    10. A list of steps that can be used to recreate the issue. Go to forum.growweedeasy.com

Is this a breach and what can we do to fix it and prevent it from happening in the future?
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

Did you modify the core config file? Or did the db username or password change? Make sure you have the correct db credentials in the core config file.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• gwe
      • Sep 2016
      • 5.2.x

I went to log in to my hosting account and found it was broken on their side; I couldn't even get into cPanel. They got their stuff together and now it's working like normal. Thanks for your prompt response and offer of possible solutions!

Comment