Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bszopi
    • Nov 2009
    • 4.1.x

Ok, so I backed up and then truncated all of the STYLE and TEMPLATE tables, and then ran the Upgrade script again. It finished and stated that is completed.

I deleted the install directory, and then clicked on the button to get to the ACP. I was able to log in, but was then presented with the following error:

So I tried just going to the main site page, and received this error:

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	5.1 KB
ID:	4354008

One of the errors mentioned the StyleID variable, so I searched through the settings table and found that the value =0 and the default value =1, so I tried setting the value=1, but that didn't help either. Next recommendation...? Should I try to open up a support ticket instead of doing it through the forums?
    Last edited by bszopi; Tue 20 Sep '16, 7:10pm.

Comment

• bszopi
      • Nov 2009
      • 4.1.x

Ugh, I give up trying to get the inline attachments to insert properly...

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

What version of php are you running? vB 5.2.3 won't work on php 7.0.9 or 7.0.10, it will need to be 7.0.8 for php 7 due to changes made in php. These changes will be accounted for in vB 5.2.4, out shortly.
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• bszopi
          • Nov 2009
          • 4.1.x

See post #1...

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

What is the content of your /core/install/themes directory?

Make sure that is uploaded and run upgrade.php again.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• bszopi
              • Nov 2009
              • 4.1.x

Done. Site is back up and can access the ACP (with a style), but the forum still doesn't have a style. I tried running the rebuild styles script from the maintenance section and came up with some new errors. See below:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Update Style Errors.png
Views:	110
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	4354123

Comment

• bszopi
                • Nov 2009
                • 4.1.x

Here is the actual email I got with the database error (instead of what was displayed on the screen). Maybe this will help.

Database error in vBulletin 5.2.3:

Invalid SQL:
                INSERT INTO vb_template_temp
                (styleid, title, template, template_un, templatetype, dateline, username, version, product, mergestatus, textonly)
                SELECT {styleid, title, template, template_un, templatetype, dateline, username, version, product, mergestatus, textonly} FROM vb_template ORDER BY styleid, templatetype, title

/**template_table_query_insert**/;

MySQL Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' title, template, template_un, templatetype, dateline, username, version, produc' at line 3
                Error Number : 1064
                Request Date : Thursday, September 22nd 2016 @ 12:45:07 AM
                Error Date : Thursday, September 22nd 2016 @ 12:45:07 AM
                Script : http:///vb5/admincp/misc.php?do=rebuildstyles
                Referrer : http://www.60degreev6.com/vb5/adminc...hp?do=chooser&
                IP Address : ***.***.***.***
                Username : bszopi
                Classname : vB_Database_MySQLi
                MySQL Version : 5.5.50-cll

Stack Trace:
                #line vB_Database->halt() called in [path]/vb/database/mysqli.php on line 176
                #line vB_Database_MySQLi->execute_query() called in [path]/vb/database.php on line 561
                #line vB_Database->query_write() called in [path]/vb/db/query/stored.php on line 120
                #line vB_dB_Query_Stored->execSQL() called in [path]/vb/db/assertor.php on line 296
                #line vB_dB_Assertor->assertQuery() called in [path]/includes/adminfunctions_template.php on line 364
                #line build_all_styles() called in [path]/admincp/misc.php on line 91
                #line require_once([path]/admincp/misc.php) called in /*****/******/public_html/vb5/includes/api/interface/collapsed.php on line 230
                #line Api_Interface_Collapsed->relay() called in /*****/******/public_html/vb5/includes/vb5/frontend/controller/relay.php on line 39
                #line vB5_Frontend_Controller_Relay->admincp() called in on line
                #line call_user_func_array() called in /*****/******/public_html/vb5/index.php on line 84

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  • Aug 2000

Can't tell if the query is getting cut off for some reason due to a 500 character limit that was imposed for some reason. Though it is only 177 characters in the output.

If you run this query directly, what is the output?
                  Code:
                  INSERT INTO vb_template_temp
                  (styleid, title, template, template_un, templatetype, dateline, username, version, product, mergestatus, textonly)
                  SELECT {styleid, title, template, template_un, templatetype, dateline, username, version, product, mergestatus, textonly} FROM vb_template;

Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• bszopi
                    • Nov 2009
                    • 4.1.x

Ok, so after a few attempts, I got it to run. The vb_template_temp table didn't exist, so I copied the vb_template table structure to build that table. I was still getting the error while running the query, and after doing some research online, I removed the { } brackets from the SELECT statement and it ran with no errors. But, I still have no styles. They are all populated in the database though.

From the original post (where I changed the name of the CSS files), I just wonder if I change the dateline field to 0. I can almost bet it will fix the issue with the style not showing up, but I'm not sure if it will cause other issues.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                      • Aug 2000

Go into the AdminCP and set "Store CSS as Files" to no. Settings -> Options -> Style and Language Options. What happens when you save?

Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• bszopi
                        • Nov 2009
                        • 4.1.x

It's already set to No. Has been since we first started troubleshooting it. The CSS folder is empty.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                          • Aug 2000

Honestly, I don't know what the problem is. Do you have an open ticket for this issue?

Wayne Luke
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Necrophyte
                            • Oct 2014
                            • 5.2.x

bszopi,
                            If your willing try this. I had a similar issue, and it had to do with mods on my forum from 4.2.3.
                            To fix it. I removed all the mods, not just disabled. Removed all the mods. Then did the upgrade.
                            After that I had no issues. I had a few mods that had played with templates and for some reason the upgrade didn't like it.
                            e360 html markup mod was one of them. I'm not saying that is the issue, but I found removing them fixed my issue.

Comment

• bszopi
                              • Nov 2009
                              • 4.1.x

Well, I don't know if it was a bug in 5.2.3, or if it was an error in the download, but I downloaded 5.2.4 and redid the entire upgrade from 4.2.2 to 5.2.4 and it looks like everything is working now. Now is the fun times of creating a new style to try to match the old. Forum has been down for over a week, what's another week going to hurt anyone...

Comment