X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jkotlowski
    • May 2015
    • 5.1.x

Updating PHP version?

So I was just trying to update the version of PHP I'm running on from 5.6 to 7.0 and I ran into a problem. I updated it in my hosting cpanel but afterwards users were unable to log into the site.

Warning: Parameter 3 to vB_Session_WebApi::getSession() expected to be a reference, value given in .../vb/request.php on line 226 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at .../vb/vb.php:1129) in /home/jkotlowski/t5forums.com/includes/vb5/frontend/controller/auth.php on line 61
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Argument 1 passed to vB::setCurrentSession() must be an instance of vB_Session, null given, called in /home/jkotlowski/t5forums.com/core/vb/request.php on line 227'

This is the error shown on the login tab. Am I also supposed to edit something in the core files? I was unable to find any information on updating the PHP version in the manual. Thanks ahead of time for the help.
    Want bigger avatars for your forum? There's a mod here. But be sure to vote for the JIRA requesting the fix here!
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

vB 5.2.3 won't work with php 7.0.9 or 7.0.10 due to changes in those versions. You'll need to run php 7.0.8 for the time being.

This will be resolved in vB 5.2.4 which is currently at Release Candidate stage.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• jkotlowski
      • May 2015
      • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Mark.B
      vB 5.2.3 won't work with php 7.0.9 or 7.0.10 due to changes in those versions. You'll need to run php 7.0.8 for the time being.

This will be resolved in vB 5.2.4 which is currently at Release Candidate stage.
      That makes a lot of sense. I was trying to update my PHP version in prep for the new VB5 update, actually.

Thanks for the reply.
      Want bigger avatars for your forum? There's a mod here. But be sure to vote for the JIRA requesting the fix here!

Comment