X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • josueinaki
    • Sep 2015
    • 5.1.x

VBulletin ignoring CSS

when I answer a comment and the forum is refreshed without reload the page the vbulletin completely ignores the css or I suppose the aditionals.css this and a very serious bug because it unconfigures all my stuffs like banner position, logo colors of the bars and everything.
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

What version of vbulletin, PHP, and MySQL are you using? Can we get a link to the site and a test login to view the problem?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• josueinaki
      • Sep 2015
      • 5.1.x

PHP 7.0.9
      MySQL 5.5.49-cll-lve
      link site www.fpslatino.net
      Vbulletin 5.2.3

Account for test:
      ID: test1
      Password: 123456

Comment

• josueinaki
        • Sep 2015
        • 5.1.x

I make video to help the supp team to understand the error

Error in 0:38s

PLEASE HELP ME

Comment

• Mark.B
          vBulletin Support
          • Feb 2004
          • 6.0.X

I hknow of this behaviour, I'm pretty sure there's a bug report for it somewhere.
          MARK.B
          vBulletin Support
          ------------
          My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
          My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• josueinaki
            josueinaki commented
            Editing a comment
            thats have no solution?

• Wayne Luke
            Wayne Luke commented
            Editing a comment
            No... A solution isn't really needed since the page shows correctly after a refresh correct? We're not going to reload CSS on AJAX requests. When you comment, the page isn't redrawn, new content is just added to the DOM. So if the CSS wasn't in effect before the comment is added, it won't be. When you reload, then the browser will apply that CSS. Since this only affects the person creating the content and it renders properly on reload, it isn't really considered a big or important issue.
        • josueinaki
          • Sep 2015
          • 5.1.x

I can not believe you guys can say that fix this bug is not necessary because when it updates the page back to normal? That's why your platform is full of bugs.

Let me explain it another way, your software is broken and ignoring the CSS when you guys make use of AJAX agreeing what is broken because I bought something not to use it broken.

it isn't really considered a big or important issue.
          Yes it and a major bug, and worse and the bug that does not show the ADS on every page, because i lose money and is vbulletin fault.

Comment

• josueinaki
            josueinaki commented
            Editing a comment
            vbulletin dont care about the costumers or about fix the plataform, you only know about make new broken versions of the same broken plataform.
        • Mark.B
          vBulletin Support
          • Feb 2004
          • 6.0.X

It's not a major bug. Bugs are prioritised and this will always be a low priority. It would require a substantial amount of work to change this behaviour.

If this is a major problem to you, one workaround is to alter the css in the relavant global css template instead of using the additional css template. However, we don't recommend doing this because this means that changes won't get merged on an upgrade and you can end up in quite a mess with stuff not working. However if you DO go down that road, make sure you document and log every change you make - because after an upgrade you WILL need to revert the css templates you've changed and reapply your changes.

Very important to note that the above suggestion is not something we can provide support for in any way, but it will solve the issue if you do it right.
          MARK.B
          vBulletin Support
          ------------
          My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
          My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

It is all about priority. What I suggest is creating a JIRA with the specific ramifications that this is causing you. The issue has been discussed before and it was determined that the benefit outweighs the resource cost.

However, I've been concerned about ads as well. We don't do page refreshes as often as in vB4 so something needs to be done to reload those ads periodically. Usually, you can do this with a timer in the Ad Module's HTML code but a better solution could be firing an event when the user does something to interact with the page. As such, a JIRA is the best course of action.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment