• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LifeChargr
    • Feb 2012

Introduction Forums, Post of topics not showing

Hi, vb 5.2.3
    I just upgraded from 5.2.2 to 5.2.3.
    All forums are routing correctly, except I have an introduction forum that is showing the forum directory page when clicked. If I click the last post in on the directory, it takes me to the last post, but although the url refelcts "forums/introduction-forums" it just goes to the forum directly page, which is also the home page. Any ideas?

All other forums are routing correctly to list of all topics. Permissions are fine, my usergroup should have permission to view.
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

Check the permissions for that particular forum in the Channel Management > Channel Permissions. I might be using custom permissions and the Can View Channels permission might be set to No for the usergroup.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• LifeChargr
      • Feb 2012

Hi Glenn, this is not a permission problem as this forum is even visible to non-registered visitors. Permissions indicate channel is visible to all usergroups. The url in the address bar is correct, but only showing the directory. http://www. agentlinkus.com/forum/real-estate-forums/introduction-forums. I went in and rebuilt all topics and forums, and still, nothing. all other forums remain correct and visible. Not sure if during the upgrade I did something weird. =(

Comment

• LifeChargr
        • Feb 2012

BTW, your mod for making forum replies non-visible to visitors is dramatically increasing the logins on my site. Not sure about signups yet because it is really new, but the logins are dramatically increased already!

Comment

• glennrocksvb
          glennrocksvb commented
          Editing a comment
          Glad to hear my mod helps your site. I sent the fix for the article and blog comments to Kim on my site via PM. Check it out.
      • glennrocksvb
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • Mar 2011
        • 5.7.X

It's not just Introduction forum but there are also few others with the same issue. I still think this is some kind of permissions issue.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment