X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JamesPC
    • Aug 2016
    • 5.2.x

Hi all,

I have just installed vBulletin 5.2.3 on a new domain name. I can log into AdminCP no problem at all but if I try and log in on the forum main page the login will not work. I enter my username and password and nothing happens.

No errors on the error_log either and I have tried another user which I created in AdminCP and it has the same problem.

Any ideas?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Are you accessing the site from the exact URL listed under Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details in the AdminCP?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• glennrocksvb
      Former vBulletin Developer
      • Mar 2011
      • 5.7.X

As Wayne said, specifically on accessing URL with www vs non-www.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• JamesPC
        • Aug 2016
        • 5.2.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
        Are you accessing the site from the exact URL listed under Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details in the AdminCP?
        I just double checked the settings there and the www. were missing from the options and the way I was accessing it. I updated both to include www. and it hasn't fixed the problem.

Comment

• JamesPC
          • Aug 2016
          • 5.2.x

Still haven't been able to fix this. Anyone anymore ideas?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

Go to Settings -> Options -> Cookie and HTTP Header Options. Make sure your cookie domain is blank and your cookie path is /. These should be the defaults.

Check your /config.php and /core/includes/config.php and make sure the cookie prefix variable in both is set to the same values.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Mark.B
              vBulletin Support
              • Feb 2004
              • 6.0.X

This doesn't happen on a default installation so there is something incorrect with your set up.

Check both the config files for the cookie prefix setting - this should be identical in both config files.

Also, make sure no changes have been made to the URL settings in either of the config files - this must be left with its default settings.

The only changes that should be made to the /core/includes/ config file are the database name, database user, database user password, and technical email. All other settings should be left as they are. No changes at all should be made to the front end config file.

This article outlines the steps:
              https://www.adminammo.com/articles/v...l-vb5-manually

You should also check with your hosts to ensure there is no caching going on.
              MARK.B
              vBulletin Support
              ------------
              My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
              My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment