• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phathead
    • Jun 2016
    • 4.2.x

Multiple vb4 to vb5 issues

Greetings,

I am unsure if it is wise to list several errors in one spot, but we've had a difficult migration from vb4 to vb5 on our forums. I'll link to the forums below, with quotes from our users as to what is occurring. We are running stock 5.2.3 with no mods.

Site: http://www.rubbins-racin.com/forums/

There are various threads I cannot get into. For example, I can't get into the "Post your diecasts" or the "Cup News" thread. Some work without a problem. It will load a blank page, or give me an error page. If I log out of my account, I can get into any thread without issue though.
    Threads in the racing discussion section are not being marked as read after I look at them.
    not that big of a deal right now since the Ignore feature hasn't started working yet, but every 2-3 days my ignore list gets reset so there's nobody on my ignore list
    I've been having the same issue most have in here with viewing topics. Hopefully we can get the pics from the paint scheme threads back up. What seems to work for me is that if I log out I can at least view the threads like Sprint Cup Discussion, but if you'd want to post in the threads you'd have to log back in..which you then cant get to them.
    I don't know if I'm the only one having this problem but sometimes it doesn't show the correct profile pic with user who posted last.
    Additionally
    • Threads per paged capped at 40, will not show any thing other than stock choices despite changing in admin panel
    • Many attachments are not pulling, could be server issue with bluehost but am told everything looks right
    • Seems to auto-sub to posts, after migrating database I suddenly had 2000 thread subscriptions
    • Unrecognized Token error noted by several users: http://www.rubbins-racin.com/forums/...35#post1448935

There are others that have been mentioned that escape me at the moment. What's the best way to attack all of this?

• phathead
    • Jun 2016
    • 4.2.x

Any help on some of these or should I parse them out into separate threads?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

You'll need to open a support ticket with steps to reproduce and links to the problematic topics.

You change topics per page by configuring the module in Site Builder. Or on your settings page.

Auto-subscribe is a user option if you participate in a topic or if you subscribe to a forum you will get notifications.

Will need details about the token error in the ticket as well. A separate ticket should be opened for the attachment issues.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Necrophyte
        • Oct 2014
        • 5.2.x

Pathead,
        I had many issues some like you have mentioned. The first thing I had to do was go in and remove. Not disable. Just out right remove any plug-ins and add ons.
        Once all the plugins and add ons are removed, then do the update. If you did some UTF-8 database you'll need to go into the language settings and change it to ISO-8859-1 or in some cases posts will seem to have disappeared. But are still in the DB. Changing to the ISO format will sort that (At least it did for me).
        Hope this helps.

Comment

• phathead
          • Jun 2016
          • 4.2.x

The thing is, I don't know how to reproduce what some members are having issues with because it's inconsistent. I have some that cannot access certain threads at all and some that can't post in certain threads for some reason.

I don't have any plug-ins or add-ons installed right now. Maybe we need to do a full reinstall then.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

If they can recreate it, they can provide the steps. Node IDs and links to the topics they are having problems to would also help. They should clear their browser cache and disable any extensions they have to see if the problem continues. Also, applications like Malwarebytes and antivirus might cause problems. They shouldn't but they could. That is information you would need to gather as the liaison between your users and us.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment