Ignore Lists Resetting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignore Lists Resetting?

I've come to find out that the ignore function on my site doesn't seem to be working. Multiple members have reported adding a user to their ignore list, only to have that user be removed from their list a day or two later. I've tested it by ignoring my test account and checked the next day, and my ignore list was completely blank.

Any suggestions?

My website: http://www.t5forums.com/
    Want bigger avatars for your forum? There's a mod here. But be sure to vote for the JIRA requesting the fix here!

This wouldn't happen on a default installation.

What version of php are you running?
    Do you have any add-ons?
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.4.4 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
      This wouldn't happen on a default installation.

What version of php are you running?
      Do you have any add-ons?
      Hi! Thanks for the response! I apologize for taking a few days to check on this, after four days I assumed I wouldn't get a reply. lol

The PHP version I'm using is 5.6.24 and I don't have any products or add-ons installed. Just some CSS edits and a few template hooks.
      Want bigger avatars for your forum? There's a mod here. But be sure to vote for the JIRA requesting the fix here!

Comment

What do the template hooks do? Do any of them have vb:data calls in them?
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
          What do the template hooks do? Do any of them have vb:data calls in them?
          Sorry again for a late reply. But thank you for continuing to answer. I do not believe they do? But I'm also not entirely sure. All three of them were created by Glenn Vergara. So he might be able to say if they do better than I.

I'm using his "stuck 'working...' indicator fix", his "quote selected text mod", and the "quotes in comments fix"

Comment

You can try disabling all those 3 mods temporarily in Products & Hooks > Manage Template Hooks and see if the issue persists.

GIPHY for vB5 | AutoLinker | Video Attachments Player | Last Registered Users Module | Clear System Cache Cron | Drag-n-Drop Upload | Topic AJAX AutoUpdate | Force Read Topic

Comment

But I doubt those mods would cause this issue. Not one is using vb:data calls though I don't know why vb:data calls would cause the ignore list to be reset.

GIPHY for vB5 | AutoLinker | Video Attachments Player | Last Registered Users Module | Clear System Cache Cron | Drag-n-Drop Upload | Topic AJAX AutoUpdate | Force Read Topic

Comment

I'm going to try disabling them, adding my test account to my ignore list, then seeing if it makes a difference. Though I feel like this was happening before I installed them. I just can't remember for sure.

Comment

I'm having the same issue with the same version after an upgrade from vB4. Was actually just opening a ticket.

Comment

It's been about 24 hours, and the ignore list still hasn't reset after disabling all of the mods. I'm not sure if it's definitely one of them that's messing with it, though. I want to say that it took two days for it to reset the last time I tested it.

Comment

As a general note, I've re-enabled all the mods over the course of about a week, giving a few days per mod, to see if the ignore list resets. And it hasn't after getting them all back on. So I legitimately have no clue what caused it. But it seems to be fixed for the time being.

Comment

Bah, I am experiencing this issue now. I have 5 mods: Dragonbyte Thanks/Like, Dragonbyte User mention, and 3 or 4 of Glenn Vergara 's cool mods. Do I need to disable all of those to get to the root?

Comment

• Glenn Vergara
                          Glenn Vergara commented
                          Editing a comment
                          There's no harm in trying to temporarily disable them.

I disabled the Dragonbyte Thanks/Like ... I'll take them one at a time.

Comment

Well the only mods running now are Glenn's, and the trouble is still happening. Glenn Vergara I can't imagine your mods could affect this in any way?

Comment

• Glenn Vergara
                            Glenn Vergara commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Try disabling my mods. I suspect the issue will still occur.

• alfreema
                            alfreema commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Your mods are so popular that my users will kill me if I disable them. Hahaha I will just have to tell them I am disabling them temporarily.

This is still happening and does not appear to be related to any mods.

Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot this? What could cause that list to get erased?

Comment