X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BHopkins
    • Apr 2006
    • 3.5.x

Delete User Threads/Account Error

From a subforum I select a post and go to Delete Topics, delete all from that user, ban that user and get the attached error. I've tried a few different users and none of them are working. I just upgraded from 5.05 to 5.23 if that matters.
  • BHopkins
    • Apr 2006
    • 3.5.x

There is a chance that I have bigger problems than just this issue. I've been trying to rebuild the forums and the attached screenshot has been appearing and disappearing for about 10 minutes. I haven't touched it, but it's probably shown up at least 50 times, same exact info, "0 to 99 of 305349".

Is there something bigger that needs to happen first? Maintenance or something?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-08-17 at 11.20.58 AM.png
Views:	72
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	4350909

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

If the user has more than 50 posts, you cannot delete all their posts using the Inline Moderation. You will need to attempt to do so in the AdminCP under their user profile using the Quick Links menu.

The last image is not an error. It can take some time to run and will run multiple times as it says in the text on the screen. There is no real reason to run this task on a regular basis.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• BHopkins
        • Apr 2006
        • 3.5.x

Thanks Wayne Luke I was trying to run different maintenance things as after my upgrade, nothing is showing on the homepage (where new threads used to be). I assumed that I needed to do the maintenance items. I haven't logged into this forum in a long time so spam is overgrown.

Is there a better way to delete all posts/threads by a user I need to delete? I don't want to just ban the user, I want to delete the account and everything associated with the account. I have at least a couple thousand of these accounts to delete so I'd prefer a bulk way if one exists.

Comment