How to recover an administrators account password?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brad Padgett
    • Jul 2014
    • 5.1.x

How to recover an administrators account password?

Hello,

My laptop crashed and I lost my administrator password. I tried resetting it but I don't think you can because it's the main admin account.

I typed in an email in reset but it never worked so I'm guessing that's the reason.

Question, how do I get my password back.

Regards,

Bradley Padgett
    "Do not go where the path may lead, instead go where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

Upload tools.php from the do_not_upload folder in the vB5 package files into your server and run it on the browser.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Brad Padgett
      • Jul 2014
      • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara
      Upload tools.php from the do_not_upload folder in the vB5 package files into your server and run it on the browser.
      Appreciate the information. Thanks Glenn.
      "Do not go where the path may lead, instead go where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Brad Padgett
        • Jul 2014
        • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara
        *Update*

I tried and received an error when viewing it in my browser?

Does it have to be 5.2.3 in order to use a tools.php from the latest version.

Or will tools.php work on 5.2.1 which is what the site is on.

I tried putting it in both the admincp folder and also even tried to ftp the install folder over again and placing it there as instructed.

When typing the url of the file and viewing it I received some errors related to PHP.

Not sure exactly why.

Any ideas? Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Comment

• Brad Padgett
          • Jul 2014
          • 5.1.x

This is the error I get when viewing the file.

Code:
          [B]Warning[/B]: require_once(./install/includes/class_upgrade.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [B]/home/webtechsurface/public_html/core/admincp/tools.php[/B] on line [B]57[/B]

[B]Fatal error[/B]: require_once(): Failed opening required './install/includes/class_upgrade.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in [B]/home/webtechsurface/public_html/core/admincp/tools.php[/B] on line [B]57
          [/B]

I'm not sure why. I get a different error when using the install folder method but its still an error with that as well.

Any advice? I still can't log into my forum so that's a problem.

Comment

• Brad Padgett
            • Jul 2014
            • 5.1.x

Nevermind. I was able to get it working now. Thanks Glenn.

Comment