X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sandrose
    • Feb 2001
    • 5.0.X

Problem : the page doesn't refresh

There is problem in my forum after upgrade to vp 5.2.2 ; All pages doesn't refresh after reloading unless I clear the history.

Can you help.

Regards,
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/filed...ledataid=63608
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You press the refresh button in your browser and nothing happens? We don't have any control over that. What browser are you using and what extensions do you have installed in that browser?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• glennrocksvb
      Former vBulletin Developer
      • Mar 2011
      • 5.7.X

Maybe for one of the instances the OP meant refreshing the page doesn't update the last post info in the forum listing on homepage? Just a wild guess.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        • Aug 2000

Maybe but I don't want to speculate as that often ends up in the wrong direction.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• sandrose
          • Feb 2001
          • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          You press the refresh button in your browser and nothing happens? We don't have any control over that. What browser are you using and what extensions do you have installed in that browser?
          The page is reloaded when I press refresh button or reload but the same information in the forum page doesn't update or change until I clear the history. The issue is only in the vb forums. I have several pages in the site and the problem doesn't exist.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
            Former vBulletin Developer
            • Mar 2011
            • 5.7.X

Are you referring to the Last Post information which I mentioned in my previous post? That info is cached and it takes few minutes to get updated.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              • Aug 2000

Originally posted by sandrose

The page is reloaded when I press refresh button or reload but the same information in the forum page doesn't update or change until I clear the history. The issue is only in the vb forums. I have several pages in the site and the problem doesn't exist.
              Sounds like a browser caching issue. Make sure you're not caching PHP files through the server or .htaccess file. They should not be cached. If you're using any sort of CDN like Cloudflare, you will need to contact them about the issue. We do not support using CDNs such as Cloudflare with vBulletin.

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• sandrose
                • Feb 2001
                • 5.0.X

Thank you for your help and the hint you gave me.

The problem is from php configuration in the server: session.cache_limiter was set public I changed it to nocache and it working fine right now.

Regards,

Comment