X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • karlm
    • Jun 2006
    • 5.3.x

When creating a blog DB crashed now have 5 identical blogs

2016-07-28.pngAs it says on the tin, I created a blog under my username a while back and the DB seemed to hang - I don't have records of the errors to hand and can't even remember if there were any at the time.

Anyway, if I go to the right hand module for "My Blogs" I should only see two, the AM 'support blog' (technical support) and my own blog where I just copy a few articles from other sources & comment on them. I seem to have been added to a member's blog as well which is fine.

But, when I click the 'view all' button (under 'my blogs' on the blog main screen module) I see 5, yes five copies of the same blog for technical support - each one is the same and has the same content as the other 4 identically named blogs. I looked at my site map and saw all five listed there too.

So my questions.

1 Can I somehow merge these into one and reduce the look of 5 down to 1?
    2 If not, can I safely delete four of them without destroying the data in the remaining one?
    3 If not, what can I do about four ghost blogs?
    VB 5.4.1 - PHP 7..2.4 - MySQL 5.5.56
    No Addons - none at all.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You should be able to use inline moderation to move content from one blog to another.
    You can delete additional blogs in the AdminCP from within the Channel Manager.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• karlm
      • Jun 2006
      • 5.3.x

When I use inline moderation menu to move topics, it offers only forums to move it to, not blogs nor articles.
      No Addons - none at all.

Comment

• karlm
        • Jun 2006
        • 5.3.x

OK, well it turns out using zero for display order does not hide them as stated. So I renamed 4 of them starting with the lowest but one nodeid.

I kept their main name and added 1111, 2222, 3333 and , you guessed it, 4444

Whichever I clicked on - they showed the same content (if I add new content it is mirrored to all others).

So, having realised the display-order-zero doesn't work, I decided to try removing one from the ACP.

And now all my blog entries are gone - oh joy.
        No Addons - none at all.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Really don't know how to solve the problem with the limited information provided. You'll need to open a support ticket and provide full access to the server.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• karlm
            • Jun 2006
            • 5.3.x

I've been reluctant to open tickets as that now requires a hefty fee to be paid per month, whereas in previous incarnations of vb (3/4) it was included in the price of purchase. Or is that not the case if a staff member specifically asks you to open such a ticket?

Anyway, it's all a bit late now - the blog entries were apparently in the 3rd even though they showed up in each & every instance. I deleted v1 and they remained... I deleted v2 and they remained... I deleted v3 and they all vanished into the ethers of the internet void
            No Addons - none at all.

Comment

• Mark.B
              vBulletin Support
              • Feb 2004
              • 6.0.X

Originally posted by karlm
              I've been reluctant to open tickets as that now requires a hefty fee to be paid per month, whereas in previous incarnations of vb (3/4) it was included in the price of purchase. Or is that not the case if a staff member specifically asks you to open such a ticket?

Anyway, it's all a bit late now - the blog entries were apparently in the 3rd even though they showed up in each & every instance. I deleted v1 and they remained... I deleted v2 and they remained... I deleted v3 and they all vanished into the ethers of the internet void
              If support ask you to open a ticket...then it's ok to open a ticket. You won't have to pay anything.

We're not trying to exploit people to make money, we just want the get your issue fixed.
              MARK.B
              vBulletin Support
              ------------
              My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
              My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• karlm
                karlm commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the clarification. Much appreciated. I didn't think staff asking me to open a ticket was trying to exploit me, just making a genuine query as to where I stand regarding tickets & paying if over the first month grace period.