X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jkotlowski
    • May 2015
    • 5.1.x

Issues with spam

So, I recently had to ban a person for spamming my website. His account was banned permanently and his IP address was banned in the site's .htaccess file, just to be sure. This person has gotten very angry and very persistent and has taken to accessing proxy servers to create new accounts and continue spamming. So far he's spammed "likes" across the forum, he's spammed flag reports, he's spammed comments, and he's spammed posts. I feel like I'm pretty helpless at this point to stop him, though. Every time I ban an IP he just finds and uses another to continue his attacks.

This is very frustrating. Is there anything I can do outside of virtually locking the forum down by disallowing guest posting and disallowing new registrations/requiring moderation of new members? Or is that my only option insofar as stopping this bastard?
    Want bigger avatars for your forum? There's a mod here. But be sure to vote for the JIRA requesting the fix here!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...