X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • karlm
    • Jun 2006
    • 5.3.x

Registered Users Can Not Create New Blog

Registered users (usergroup, default #2) cannot create new blogs.

I've deleted a stack of older usergroups (specific to blogging, article moderators, etc.) and stripped it down to bare essential usergroups & silver/gold (paid) members.

The registered users usergroup has the option "can blog" & "can create channel" set to Yes.

When I used my test account (for testing permissions) there was no reference to "Create New Blog" - once I'd set the aforementioned permissions to Yes, the "Create New Blog" link appeared.

Great, or so I thought...

Once I'd clicked it, I was presented with, "Sorry, you don't have permission"
    VB 5.4.1 - PHP 7..2.4 - MySQL 5.5.56
    No Addons - none at all.
  • karlm
    • Jun 2006
    • 5.3.x

Also, under my Admin account, I started a new blog, cleverly named as "My test blog" - I got through to the 'organize sidebar' and lo' n' behold, there's no modules displayed to organise.
    No Addons - none at all.

Comment

• karlm
      • Jun 2006
      • 5.3.x

--bump bump--
      No Addons - none at all.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

You have to give Registered Users the ability to Create Channels in the Blog Channel.

There is a long outstanding bug about organizing the modules. The workaround is to not do it. I can't find the JIRA at the moment though. I wish I had a better answer.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• karlm
          • Jun 2006
          • 5.3.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          You have to give Registered Users the ability to Create Channels in the Blog Channel.
          I did, I think...
          Originally posted by karlm
          The registered users usergroup has the option "can blog" & "can create channel" set to Yes.
          Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          There is a long outstanding bug about organizing the modules. The workaround is to not do it. I can't find the JIRA at the moment though. I wish I had a better answer.
          So, does that mean, even the answer is to give reg'd users the ability to create channels in the blog channel - the answer is don't do it?

I mean no offence, but I've not got a clue what that's supposed to mean..

Do you mean, they *should* be able to create a blog once that permission is set - but the bug is stopping it from happening, so there's nothing can be done (until the bug is resolved)?
          No Addons - none at all.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

You can give registed users permission to create their own blogs. Don't modify the sidebar.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• karlm
              karlm commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for clarifying, sorry I must have skimmed over the portion where you'd stated you were talking about the side-bar modules.