URGENT! Users reporting for not receiving registration emails!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HowToEvery
    • Jun 2016
    • 5.2.x

URGENT! Users reporting for not receiving registration emails!

This is very urgent, tomorrow I'm expecting a huge spike in traffic and if it won't work I will be in a major issue..
    The settings are set to send the emails using PHP function. I also do receive emails about new posts (with about 3-5 minutes) but for registrations, from the reports I received - they don't get the mail at all.
    When I last checked, it also took about 5 minutes which is very long too, and also a problem.
    I really hope you can help me figure this out quick, because the day in my country almost ends and I have to fix this ASAP.
    Founder of the Israeli Youtubers forum at TheHub and tech youtuber at HowToEvery.
  • David Karol
    • Jan 2011
    • 5.5.x

I have this issue as well. To mitigate for now, I just stopped requiring email verification for new members. Hadn't filed the bugs yet.

Comment

• HowToEvery
      • Jun 2016
      • 5.2.x

And also it usually reaches the spam box..
      Founder of the Israeli Youtubers forum at TheHub and tech youtuber at HowToEvery.

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

There is nothing you can do to prevent outgoing email being flagged as spam at the recipient's end. If there was, there'd be no point in having spam ptrevention at all.
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• HowToEvery
          • Jun 2016
          • 5.2.x

Originally posted by Mark.B
          There is nothing you can do to prevent outgoing email being flagged as spam at the recipient's end. If there was, there'd be no point in having spam ptrevention at all.
          and about that delay?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

Delays would be caused by your settings and your mail server. You can turn off the email queue in the AdminCP under Settings -> Options -> Email Options.

You can also set the -F parameter there if it isn't set. That might help with some anti-spam measures. Otherwise, you can try using SMTP with the settings on the same page. Authenticated users often get better results.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• David Karol
              • Jan 2011
              • 5.5.x

Wayne,

Outgoing emails around the forum function fine- but registration emails don't go out. I don't see any errors server-side in ssmtp. Maybe related to getting stuck on 'working...' during registration?
              I'll try to pull more info to file a bug as I have the time.

thanks
              David

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                Former vBulletin Developer
                • Mar 2011
                • 5.7.X

If the Working status ia stuck, check the Javascript console for errors.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...