Site Caching Issue (last post in topic not updating properly)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jkotlowski
    • May 2015
    • 5.1.x

Site Caching Issue (last post in topic not updating properly)

I may have asked about this before. But I never got a conclusive answer if I did.

There seems to be a caching issue with my site that occasionally causes the last post in a topic's timestamp to display incorrect information. The post is recorded and you can see the post in the thread. It just doesn't display in the forum overview properly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	example 1.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	4346511

This is the issue. The last post says it's by "Flame Saber" and shows it was updated at 08:26 AM. But that avatar beside the name is actually mine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Example 2.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	477.4 KB
ID:	4346512

Now, when you click on the topic it shows that I responded at 09:00 AM.

This has been an issue affecting the site for quite a while. As I mentioned in my reply to him, I can clear the system cache and it fixes the issue. But it doesn't stop it from happening. And sometimes it happens often. For example, I cleared the cache immediately before making the reply to him (the last post then was by the user Beholder at 01:28 PM on the 28th) and as soon as I replied, it happened again. For some reason, it seems to happen to this particular topic far more often than any other topics. (I actually can't, off the topic of my head, remember it happening recently to another topic)

t5forums.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, t5forums.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Is there a possibility it could be an issue with the thread itself?
    Want bigger avatars for your forum? There's a mod here. But be sure to vote for the JIRA requesting the fix here!