Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drache28
    • Feb 2010

How to add group categories modules?

Hi I noticed the group categories module doesn't display on all pages inside the group.

So I was trying to edit it. However in the site builder modules I can not find a module called group categories.

Please see screenshot. I am trying to add this module on other pages. But it's no where to be found inside the site builder.

• Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

The Group Categories module is a special module which is only available on the Groups page. You could probably use a PHP module and do a query for the categories, or use an HTML module and manually enter the Category Names and link to them.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Drache28
      • Feb 2010

hi Lynne I am trying to add the group category module in the groups page. for example in here

The group module doesn't show. And can't be added.

The group category module only appear after you select a group first

after selecting any group then the categories module shows up.

Groups for or about vBulletin, vBulletin Users, vBulletin Development and general vBulletin discussion.

I think the categories modules needs to be display at http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/social-groups page when you first enter the groups page. not just showing the latest comments.

Because too many clicks are needed to be able to display all categories if it's not on the main groups page.

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

Unfortunately, the module isn't available for you to put on the main groups page. You are welcome to make the suggestion in Jira to have it there - http://tracker.vbulletin.com/secure/...e!default.jspa

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment