X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HowToEvery
    • Jun 2016
    • 5.2.x

Email titles should be rtl

When a user gets an email, because my site is in Hebrew, which is an RTL language, he gets the title somewhat reversed.

So it looks like "! TheHub Welcome to-" instead of "Welcome to TheHub!"
    (Of course that the "Welcome to" is in Hebrew, otherwise the problem wouldn't occur.)
    I tried using <span dir="rtl"> in the translation, but the title itself isn't HTML.

I use <div dir="rtl"> though in the body message (changed in the php from 'text/plain' to 'text/html')
    Founder of the Israeli Youtubers forum at TheHub and tech youtuber at HowToEvery.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Part of the problem is that your site title is in English. This isn't switched. Switching the welcome phrase probably has to be done in PHP as well. There is no way to change the output manually for the subject lines, it requires coding.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• HowToEvery
      • Jun 2016
      • 5.2.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      Part of the problem is that your site title is in English. This isn't switched. Switching the welcome phrase probably has to be done in PHP as well. There is no way to change the output manually for the subject lines, it requires coding.
      That's uppseting.. Do you know what kind of small tweak can I do to change it?
      Founder of the Israeli Youtubers forum at TheHub and tech youtuber at HowToEvery.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Not at this time. Will look to see if there is something that can be changed in the phrase.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment