How to make a channel not show Thread Count, Post Count and Last Post?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fenderbob
    • Apr 2015
    • 5.1.x

How to make a channel not show Thread Count, Post Count and Last Post?

I'm pulling my hair out here because I can't figure this out. However, Vbulletin.com's forum is set up like this, so I know it has to be possible.

I want to create a Main Channel with several sub forums inside it. However, I don't want the topic count, post count and last post to appear on the Main Channel. How can I do this?

For an example of what I want to do:

1. Go to: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum
    2. Scroll down to the vBulletin 5 Connect Category
    3. Look at the vB5 Connect Support & Troubleshooting Main Category

See what I mean? And when you click on the vB5 Connect Support & Troubleshooting link, you go to a Sub-Forums Home Page.

How can I replicate this?
    Last edited by fenderbob; Tue 14 Jun '16, 8:04pm.
  • fenderbob
    • Apr 2015
    • 5.1.x

Somebody must know how to do it...it's right here on vBulletin's support forum...

Click image for larger version

Name:	screen.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	418.5 KB
ID:	4345135

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

That forum has no posts. It is actually a category for the three sub-forums under it.

Specifically when editing that forum in the Channel Manager, Act as Channel is set to No.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• fenderbob
        • Apr 2015
        • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
        That forum has no posts. It is actually a category for the three sub-forums under it.

Specifically when editing that forum in the Channel Manager, Act as Channel is set to No.
        Thanks for your reply.

Basically, what I'm trying to do is create an archive for some old posts. I want "Archive" to act as a cateogry, with various years (e.g. 2015) to be the sub-forums...

However, I can't seem to duplicate what I see on vBulletin's support forum no matter what I do.

Here is what the channel navigation shows when "Act as Channel" is set to NO

Name:	no.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	4345152

And this is what it looks like when "Act as Channel" is set to YES

Name:	yes.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	4345153

In neither case can I get it to behave like your vB5 Connect Support & Troubleshooting category (which houses the sub-forums).

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Your archive forum is not a sub-channel of another forum. On this forum vB5 Connect Support & Troubleshooting is a sub-channel under vBulletin 5 Connect as shown in your image.

Nothing special was done on this site. I manage the forums but I don't have access to settings or templates for any purpose.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• fenderbob
            • Apr 2015
            • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
            Your archive forum is not a sub-channel of another forum. On this forum vB5 Connect Support & Troubleshooting is a sub-channel under vBulletin 5 Connect as shown in your image.

Nothing special was done on this site. I manage the forums but I don't have access to settings or templates for any purpose.
            Thanks! One thing I want to add for anyone else trying to figure this out...

Your main channel "vBulletin 5 Connect" act as channel setting needs to be set to NO

AND

"vB5 Connect Support & Troubleshooting" act as channel also need to be set to NO

That second part is what I was missing.

Thanks again!

Comment