• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nicklas Jonsson
    • Jun 2016
    • 5.2.x

Email notification to moderators/admin

Hi,

We have notifications sent out to a internal mail group when a user registers to our forum. In that internal email we also supply custom fields that the user enters during registration. One of those fields is the country of the user. This is a single selection menu with lots of countries in the list.

After upgrading our forum all fields work in the profiles and so on but the notification email doesn't display the selected country any longer, it is just left blank.

Looking back to emails sent out by our old 3.6.12 version of the forum the country was written out in the email.

As said above the profile itself looks absolutely correct, it is just the notification email that lacks the data from the field (field name is written out).

Any ideas what could be wrong?
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

The default content for the new user email notification as defined in the newuser_gemailbody phrase variable is:

Code:
    There is a new user, {1} at {2}

To view their profile, go here:
    {3}

Email Address : {4}
    Birthday : {5}
    IP Address: {6}

[COLOR=#FF0000]{7}[/COLOR]
    Did you modify it with a new translation in the "English (US) Translation" field? Make sure it has the {7} placeholder where the custom fields will be inserted.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Nicklas Jonsson
      • Jun 2016
      • 5.2.x

The phase is looking exactly as written as above and as said above the other custom field looks ok, it is just the country field that doesn't get any value.

I did run a test after the initial post and that was to add a new country field (country2) and filled it with data (1, 2, 3, 4 and so forth) which then worked fine. Next test was to copy all the content from country to my new field country2 which then turned out to stop working again. It seems to me that something in the list of valid countries is breaking the mail but I cannot find out exactly where in the list the problem is.

Looking at the user profiles the selections in the country and country2 fields are working as expected.

Comment