• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nicklas Jonsson
    • Jun 2016
    • 5.2.x

Reindexing stopping

Hi,

We recently upgraded our forum from version 3.6.12 to 5.2.2 and it went reasonable well with just a few problems. One of the post upgrade tasks is to reindex the search index and we are of course using the "rebuild search index" function in the maintainance->"general update tools" section.

Using all default values the reindexing is starting. After the initial 250 items is indexes the page reloads and does 250->500 items. After this the process stops and just ends up in not reloading any longer. I've tried Chrome, safari browsers and also explorer on windows but the same issue occurs with all browsers.

Any hints on what could be wrong? Or is this only a display issue, like the reindexing progresses in the background?

Best Regards,
    Nicklas
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Something on the server is timing out with the process. If you right click in the main frame of AdminCP then select to refresh that frame, it should kick it back off where it stopped.
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Nicklas Jonsson
      • Jun 2016
      • 5.2.x

I'll do that. I've tried it once already but it felt like there would perhaps be a better way to do it.

Comment

• Nicklas Jonsson
        • Jun 2016
        • 5.2.x

Probably the server was under load before. Now when I tried to reindex it ran through without any need at all to refresh

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Nicklas Jonsson
          I'll do that. I've tried it once already but it felt like there would perhaps be a better way to do it.
          If you have access to SSH, you can find a searchindex.php file in your do_not_upload folder. Upload it to the /core/admincp directory and run it from the command prompt.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...