X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Have you renamed htaccess.txt to .htaccess?
    (it's in the root).
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• donnyaz
      donnyaz commented
      Editing a comment
      this fixed my issue with my godaddy account
  • OverallOpinion
    • May 2016
    • 5.2.x

Ah HAH! Well, sorry for that, I did not do that, nor delete the install folder. Ok, everything is looking really good, but I am unable to log in to my admincp. I tested the forum with registration on a new user, and posted to my forum and it worked.

I tried to reset the password for my admin login, but never received the email. It has been 10 minutes, additionally I checked the junk folder. Any ideas where I can find this info at? On a folder in the root?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by OverallOpinion
      I'm on the phone currently with the folks at GoDaddy, and they can't seem to understand the admincp folder, in that it only has a img and js folder within it?
      This is correct. It should. The actual files are hidden deeper and the system will perform the redirects on a properly configured server.

Are you using a Deluxe Hosting account with cPanel on GoDaddy? The OS should be Linux as well. vBulletin doesn't work properly on their Windows servers.

The Admin's password is encrypted and stored in the database. If you don't remember the password you entered when you installed, then you should probably just install again.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• OverallOpinion
        • May 2016
        • 5.2.x

I successfully did it using the tools.php file in the do not upload folder. In order for it to work, I did have to upload temporarily into the root folder, the install folder.

Everything seems to be running good at this point. Do I have to completely reinstall vbulletin in order to get the 5.2.2 update? Or am I able to just patch it?

I may hold off if I have to completely redo everything.

A second question, is their anyway I can move the files into adobe creative cloud ( like dreamweaver or muse ) to customize the look of the page? Or is this going to be an issue. If I want to make a custom template/skin for the forums is there a program out there that could aid in this process? Or do I have to hand jam code?

Thanks for all the help - Your guidance is much appreciated.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

If vBulletin 5.2.1 is running correctly on your server, you can upload the 5.2.2 files and run /core/install/upgrade.php without redoing everything.

The look and feel or styles of the site are not stored in the files. Loading the files in Creating Cloud won't help you update that and may introduce inconsistencies that break the application. In the AdminCP, there is a Style Manager. You can change backgrounds, text colors, fonts, borders and images using the Style Variable Editor. You can update templates in the Template Editor (click the <<>> button). You can overwrite the default CSS with your own custom CSS using the css_additional.css template. We do not recommend editing the other CSS templates as it may introduce bugs in future upgrades.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• OverallOpinion
            • May 2016
            • 5.2.x

An odd fix to my debacle, I just went ahead and color matched my entire website to match "blue green" default template, and I must say, it looks very nice. Took about 6 hours, but while I was doing that, I finally made the mobile and tablet version of my website.

My next step is using adobe creative cloud to create an app, with vbulletin mobile embedded with in.. I have no clue where to start, any guidance? (When I say, have no clue where to start, I mean I don't even know what adobe program to use...)

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
              vBulletin Support
              • Aug 2002
              • 5.7.X

That's something better suited to a forum discussing these software applications.
              Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• OverallOpinion
                • May 2016
                • 5.2.x

Are these forums here or on vbulletin.org??

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  Wayne Luke commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No. We don't support Adobe Products and vBulletin isn't designed to work with them easily.