X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fitaffinity
    • May 2016
    • 5.2.x

Why is mobile version such poor design?

Being in 2016 where most people use their phones to browse now, After installing vbulletin its aparent to me not much time is spend on the resposinvie mobile version as apose to the desktop, it just sucks, you have this choose action button thays very invansive its literraly like an elephant on the post, so massive and unavoidable, I dont understand why its just designed so poorly, I mean some sites look better on the desktop version on the mobile browser then the actual mobile version, overall im disapointed in the clutter and poor design of the mobile version.
  • vbmundo
    • Apr 2015
    • 3.6.x

The design is not the worst thing is the mobile application.

It is a dead application, ie, do not send alert or only 1 or push, no alerts you to new messages, replies, nothing.

Today, any application messaging keeps you connected and informed at all times, but this Mobile Bundle does not.

And now I'm seeing that advertising does not come out, and I do not know answer. I created my account and Admob Banner created, but does not leave any banner on my application.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
      Trevor Hannant commented
      Editing a comment
      The original poster is talking about the Responsive forum design for use in mobile browsers, not the app.
  • craigyb
    • Jun 2008

There is no VB5 mobile version. It is responsive design which means the same style adjusts to fit the screen.
    It is my understanding that you would be able to configure these things you don't like to fit your tastes.
    However if go to Google webmaster tools and test the mobile compatibility on the standard version of VB5 it is 100% mobile compliant.
    Changes you make may look nicer to you, but may cause you to lose points with Google. Beware.

Comment

• TLMD
      • Sep 2012
      • 5.6.X

Originally posted by fitaffinity
      not much time is spend on the resposinvie mobile version as apose to the desktop,
      Aren't those version basically the same due to "responsive design"?

you have this choose action button thays very invansive its literraly like an elephant on the post, so massive and unavoidable, I dont understand why its just designed so poorly
      Yes, that one doesn't look very fitting. You may want to create an improvement request in JIRA.

Comment

• fitaffinity
        • May 2016
        • 5.2.x

Originally posted by TLMD
        Aren't those version basically the same due to "responsive design"?

Yes, that one doesn't look very fitting. You may want to create an improvement request in JIRA.
        what is jira sorry I didn't understand?

Comment

• TLMD
          • Sep 2012
          • 5.6.X

what is jira sorry I didn't understand?
          The Bug Tracker that is used to log bugs, improvement requests, feature requests etc.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
            Former vBulletin Developer
            • Mar 2011
            • 5.7.X

I'm also not a fan of the "Choose action..." dropdown for the following reasons:
            1. It is incorrectly showing up (with no options) in mobile even if there are no post footer controls (typically occurs for Guests who don't have permissions to quote, comment, flag and like).
            2. You lose the ability to see who liked a post and how many likes a post has.
            3. It is so overwhelmingly big. I know why it is so - to make it easier to tap but probably the gray background doesn't help.
            Fortunately, it is easy to get rid of the dropdown without editing a js file or adding custom CSS. All you have to do is do a Replacement Variable in AdminCP > Styles > Replacement Variable Manager > Add New Replacement Variable

Search for Text: js-comp-menu-horizontal
            Replace with Text: (leave it empty)

Basically you're removing "js-comp-menu-horizontal" from the class attribute which is hooked to a js function that transforms the post footer controls into a single dropdown.
            Last edited by glennrocksvb; Mon 23 May '16, 6:23am.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment