"Remember Me" must be checked for forum to remember login

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Please unset the cookie domain. Do you have the same problem?

Also what is the Cookie Timeout set to under Settings -> Options -> Cookie and HTTP Header Options? It should be at least 900 seconds.

Leave a comment:

• PhoGro
    replied
    Cookie prefixes are set to the default 'bb' on both config files and the cookie path has been set to / with cookie domain set to .mysite.com (this was set as a previous suggestion from vBulliten support as I am running both Wordpress and vBulliten on my site).

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    1) Do your cookie prefixes match in the /config.php and the /core/includes/config.php file? They have to be exactly the same.

2) Make sure that your cookie path and domain are set the defaults under Settings -> Options -> Cookie and HTTP Header Options. Path should be / and domain should be (blank).

Leave a comment:

• PhoGro
    replied
    Yeah - this has been taken care of. The forum redirects to www when you visit non-www pages and the www.mysite.com is what I've added to ACP.

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    replied
    Did you set the forum URLs in AdminCP with www and then you access and login to the forum without www? Or the other way around? If so, you need to redirect one to the other (to the one you defined in AdminCP) via htaccess.

Leave a comment:

• "Remember Me" must be checked for forum to remember login

I've noticed that for the forum to remember logins "remember me" must be checked. If this is left unchecked the page will load as if you are logged in, but as soon as you navigate to another page, you'll be logged out.