I just noticed this--paid subscriptions during registration aren't working on my site

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fenderbob
    • Apr 2015
    • 5.1.x

I just noticed this--paid subscriptions during registration aren't working on my site

As the forum admin, I don't really visit the register page all that often.

However, I did today and I'm upset to report that the option to buy a paid subscription to my site is not showing up on the registration sign up page.

When I "edit" my custom subscription in the subscription manager, "Active" and "Display during registration" radio buttons are both set to YES.

However, when I click Update and return to the subscription manager main page, the fields Active, Completed and Total are all set to 0. I'm not sure what this means...I do have active subscribers on my forum.

Is this a bug that I just discovered or am I missing something here? Please help!
  • fenderbob
    • Apr 2015
    • 5.1.x

I'm running 5.2.0 Patch Level 1...

Is it just a setting I'm missing or could it be broken on other sites, too? It used to work fine and I know I didn't change anything.

Comment

• fenderbob
      • Apr 2015
      • 5.1.x

Well if no one is going to help me I'm going to submit a but ticket. It was working several versions ago. The only changes I've ever made to the site were the updates. I can't get the options to work during registration.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

In Admin CP, expand Paid Subscriptions, look at Subscription Permissions and make sure your Unregistered / Not Logged In usergroup has permission to view at least one available subscription.

Comment

• fenderbob
          • Apr 2015
          • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Joe D.
          In Admin CP, expand Paid Subscriptions, look at Subscription Permissions and make sure your Unregistered / Not Logged In usergroup has permission to view at least one available subscription.
          Hi Joe,

Thanks for your reply. I went in and checked this...but this permission is enabled for all usergroups except "users awaiting email confirmation" and "users awaiting moderation." So it is enabled for guests/not logged in users.

This was a good suggestion, but it still doesn't fix the problem. Any other ideas?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
            • Jul 2008

Hello,

Please create a ticket in the Member's Area- https://members.vbulletin.com -> Support Ticket System

In the Sensitive Data box include your Administrator username and password to log into the Admin CP. Describe the issue and include a link to this thread.

We'll see what the problem is.

Comment

• fenderbob
              • Apr 2015
              • 5.1.x

I created a ticket in JIRA but it looks like we figured out that if COPPA is enabled, paid subscription options won't work during registration. So I disabled COPPA and it's working fine now.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                • Jul 2008

Thanks for the update.

I'm glad you found your answer but in the future JIRA isn't the same as the ticket system, you cans search JIRA to see if your issue has been reported before but it would be better to create a support ticket then post in JIRA looking for support.

Comment

• fenderbob
                  • Apr 2015
                  • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Joe D.
                  Thanks for the update.

I'm glad you found your answer but in the future JIRA isn't the same as the ticket system, you cans search JIRA to see if your issue has been reported before but it would be better to create a support ticket then post in JIRA looking for support.
                  Oh ok. Thanks, and sorry about that. I do think I actually ever used the ticked system before, so I'll keep that in mind if something new pops up.

Comment